1. Not old. Vintage. :)

AMSTRAD CPC 6128 AND ATARI 7800 MACHINES FOR SALE

Discussion in 'Looking to Rehome' started by nysavant, Jun 10, 2021.

1. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    I know they're nowhere near Oric standards, but just in case anyone is interested I've got two machines that I'm selling just now.
    Might be best suited if you know someone in Scotland looking for a piece of retro.

Amstrad CPC 6128 fitted with Gotek and a powered scart cable
    - not even had it that long but a few bills are needing paid and it's a case of last in first out
    £220

Atari 7800 with composite mod, 1 EU and 1 USA controller, Asteroids built-in, Pole Position and Desert Falcon cartridges
    - nice machine but just not getting the use nowadays so want it to go to a good home
    £100

I'm trying to sell locally up in Glasgow but would be happy to courier at no extra cost to any UK based members here. 6128_01.jpg 6128_02.jpg 6128_03.jpg 6128_04.jpg 6128_05.jpg 6128_06.jpg 6128_07.jpg 7800_01.jpg 7800_02.jpg 7800_03.jpg 7800_04.jpg 7800_05.jpg 7800_06.jpg

Andy Barr likes this.
  2. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Good luck with the machines Allan, neither my cup of tea, but I also have no money so as they say on Dragons Den, I'm out..

Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  3. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Cheers Paul

How about £800 or so for a nice Oric scart carble? :)

Andy Barr likes this.
  4. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    If you don't get any buyers on your 7800 on your side of the pond, I've always wanted an EU style 7800, I think they look better than the US 7800's and the built-in Asteroids is cool too. And obviously the EU controllers are better for most of the games. I'd be willing to pay the full shipping costs on top of your price. If it's not too much of a headache to ship over here and is only about costs. I've been meaning to get another 7800 for a few years now since the home-brew scene has taken off. And I've got extra Pokey chips these days that are required and don't come with some of those newer titles too. It seems like the time to get one. Though I'll have to "fix" that composite mod and make a full chroma/luma S-video mod for the best possible signal to send through my video2VGA converter/scaler, but that should be an easy fix.

Andy Barr likes this.
  5. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Hi Matt
    I'd be more than happy to send it over to you. I'm not sure about the video output but you seem to have that in hand already! Also, I've only got the UK power supply so don't know what you need on that front.

Some of the homebrew releases are excellent, Pacman Collection, the new Galaxians release etc.

It's funny you mention the EU gamepad controller being better, I much prefer the proline joystick :)
    Are there any other differences between the US and European versions of the console?

If you want to message me your address I can get a couple of postage quotes for you, no problem at all.

Andy Barr likes this.
  6. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I'd imagine the PSU is supplying a DC voltage so Matt could use anything his end and its less weight if the PSU isn't needed..

Edit: Seems its a 9V DC around 2amps so most tinkerers like Matt, me or Richie will most likly have a standard psu like that. I've got a box of 12 DC supplies for drive bays etc etc

6V, 9V and 12V are popular..

Andy Barr, M.D.Baker and nysavant like this.
  7. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Cheers Paul

Any knowledge I have of power supplies etc is more of a danger than a help!

Andy Barr and M.D.Baker like this.
  8. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Just trying to help the postage costs, between that and loose PSU's not packed properly often leads to damaged machines..

The number of trashed machines I've seen because the big clunk epoxy encased psu was loose is sad...

I'm sure you would pack it like a star but if its not needed to be sent, even better..

Andy Barr likes this.
  9. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Great! And yes, don't bother with the PSU, I can manage that bit. I'll PM you with my address and you can figure out the total maybe with shipping and respond including a Paypal address, and I'll get it payed.

10. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Matt, what's the Pokey 3 like

Answer is not "like the pokey 2 with a higher digit at the end" :)

11. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Shame you’re selling the 6128 after everything you went through to find one. Did you not like it ? I see you’re running Atic Atac in the photos.

Andy Barr likes this.
  12. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    The 7800 has a proprietary power jack but you can replace it with a standard DC jack and use an easily available DC power brick.

13. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Great to see two fantastic machines up for grabs, Al.
    I too was tempted on the 7800 but over to Matt who was in first with the offer and will clearly use it far more than I possibly would/could right now.
    Again, the 6128 is also magnificent but it's doubtful i could give it anything like the proper amount of attention that the price and pedigree deserves.
    I wish you well with the sales, Al and well done, Matt - so good seeing a terrific machine going to another member of the forum.

14. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:

Really like the machine Richie, but needs must. The gotek in place of the floppy drive is really good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed my circumstances might change before it has to go!

The Atic Atac conversion looks really good although it's not my type of game to be honest. And is just my imagination or is the 6128 quite a bit smaller than the 464? It certainly feels like a sleeker machine.

15. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:

How do Andy, nice to see you back online.

I need to get the 7800 postage priced up tonight for Matt. It's nice to know that it would be going to a good home though.

The 6128 is indeed a lovely bit of kit. I'm hoping it might not need to go, but it's a case of last in first out at the moment. We'll see what happens :)

Andy Barr likes this.