1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Amstrad CPC6128 128k Colour Personal Computer Untested / Spares - AL?

Discussion in 'Looking to Rehome' started by Andy Barr, Apr 15, 2021.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    nysavant likes this.
  2. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Went today for...

£157.00

3. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Funnily enough Andy.... here is an unboxing I was going to post tomorrow.
    Just realised the name on the box it came in kind of gives the game away ;)

ams1.jpg ams2.jpg ams3.jpg ams4.jpg ams5.jpg

So what we have here is a 6128 with a Gotek already fitted and an active scart cable for connection to a standard tv.
    There was a little bit of anxiety when I plugged it all in and kept getting error messages when I tried to load images from the USB. Quick look inside the machine and the floppy cable was ever so slightly out (must have came loose during delivery). Put it all back together and working fine now.

This is the first 6128 I've owned and it feels really nice. I like the keyboard and the more professiona look over the multicoloured keyboard of the 464. With the gotek replacing the internal floppy drive it also looks very neat.

Andy Barr likes this.
  4. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Very very nice indeed, Al.

A lovely acquisition.

I know this seems to be THE model CPC to get yer mitts on if at all possible and both Graham and Richie speak highly of it.

Don't think I've ever had a go on one and if only the CPC464 had bitten me I am sure I would make a move on one... eventually but because I have resisted the 464, I guess, the same outcome would afflict me here but I am heartened to see you guys enjoying using your top of the range Amstrad CPC micros as undoubtedly, they have so much in the quality build and features stakes going for them.

Question for you, Al - did you get yours for much less than the £157 quoted above or around the same?!

5. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    I've never really been a fan of the big two (speccy and c64) so the Amstrad lets me play a lot of the games that came out for them that were never released for the A8. I find the colourful graphics very cute and some of the recent games from it have been pretty amazing considering the tech.

I paid a bit more than £157. II think it was up for a buy-it-now of £210 and the seller accepted my offer of £190 plus £10 postage. It was more than I wanted to pay initially but it's hard to get a standard 6128 at a decent price and by the time you add in the Gotek (£50) and scart lead with psu (£25) £200 all in seemed like the best deal I was likely going to get.

So that is also my permanent computer collection complete (well, maybe an Atmos for display purpose sometime). Any other machine I want to try I'll either emulate. Oh yes, apart from a backup 800XL of course if I ever see one at a reasonable price!

Andy Barr likes this.
  6. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Are you going to get a 512MB RAM upgrade I sent the link for and a M4 WiFi/SD card from Duke over on CPCWiki?

nysavant likes this.
  7. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    I can't see any need for them at the moment Richie. I'll be using the Arnold for games so the 128kb and gotek seem to cover that base. Plus I've already blown my budget on it lol.

Who knows in the future though :)