1. Not old. Vintage. :)

...and finally tonight

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by Andy Barr, Sep 13, 2021.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
  2. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
  3. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Another one for you to exercise yer chuckle muscles with, lads:

[​IMG]
    That's me and Bev that is...after a typical day NOW!

M.D.Baker and Vyper68 like this.
  4. by Klyde
    Klyde

Klyde Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    PMSL!

5. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    ...bit naughty but very topical this one....(!!)

[​IMG]

nysavant likes this.
  6. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Oh, that's the knighthood gone now Andy

Andy Barr likes this.
  7. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
  8. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I still spread jam on my CD's to test them out..

Andy Barr likes this.
  9. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    If anyone remembers that silly tv test..

Andy Barr likes this.
  10. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Yep, on Tomorrow's World, if I remember reet, Paul...

upload_2021-9-23_17-36-42.png

nysavant likes this.
  11. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
  12. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    That brings back memories. Tomorrow's World and Micro Live must have been my most watched TV shows back then :)

As an aside, my first CD was Rick Astley and it still plays like new. But i've never tried spreading jam on it first....

Andy Barr likes this.
  13. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
  14. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Does it have a curly tail?

Andy Barr likes this.
  15. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Hang on... aint it waggily tail, Al?!

nysavant likes this.
  16. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
  17. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I thought it was TW, I sort of had a picture of Keiran Prenderville (I think that was his name) holding a CD, that's good, the old memory isn't as bad as I thought..

Cheers Andy..

Andy Barr likes this.
  18. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Bang on, Paul.

Tell you what, Bev and her mates had a lucky escape in the 80s writing in to Jim'll Fix It.

He loved the idea of her and her 14yr old mates being the new Charlie's Angels and dressing up in tight fitting costumes.

Unfortunately it was budget that prevented him flying them out to wherever in the States it was filmed to meet the producers and stars such as Cheryl Ladd and Jaclyn Smith...and then sitting on the tw*t's knee back in his dressing room etc.

HOW CLOSE WAS THAT?

19. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Wow, far too close...

Cindy wrote to him as well, thankfully she never got a response..

I met him at an open day while teaching, just wanted to say I was a fan of the show and nice to meet you which I did, but he just behaved like I was invisible even though I had two special needs kids with me, he turned away, and I called him a see you next tuesday for being so rude, he just turned his head, looked at me and smiled..

But when all the stuff came out about him, it made sense..

Bev and mates were so lucky..

Andy Barr likes this.
  20. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Too true, Paul.

He was clearly a very odd man with very devious and perverted ideas and somehow (the mind boggles how) he managed to successfully hide all of his heinous crimes from the establishment and the law.

Or did they know all along and Jim was just too charitable and wonderful (and oiled too many big cogs) to bring to book?

Discuss!

21. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Well the official line is that they had suspicions but the word from people in the know was that he was their cash cow at the BBC, and they simply protected him as he had 'angel' status to the public. Many folk knew exactly what he was doing, but would have been excised from the BBC if they spoke out. Even Johnny Rotten was talking about him, and he got the hatchet treatment for doing so.

It's quite clear that he was given special treatment by the high up's in the BBC, even to the point of allowing all this to KEEP going on once it was common knowledge. I remember the Louis Theroux (spelling?) programme where he spent time with him and both Louis and the watchers just saw how controlling and odd he was. His so-called driver was supposed to be an old mate but was treated like his slave and on hand 24hrs a day while he threw him scraps and liked people to know how much he owned him and for how little.

From what I recall, there was proof that the BBC put pressure on the law to 'ignore' him and that it was just kids making up stuff because they didn't get what they wanted. I hate to imagine how it went for some of the kids that he molested when they had the courage back then to tell the parents, I wonder how many were told to stop making up lies about a national treasure because that's all they saw about him.

Chilling.. Sadly all the BBC people what knew are now dead or damn near it, there will be no justice other than the shit is dead and can't physically do any more but mentally those abused must still be in pain.

Zero justice...

Andy Barr likes this.
  22. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I'm 100% nailed on agreed with thee here, bud.

He was that controlling, he had weekly meetings with heads of West Yorks police - round for tea and biscuits at his residence in Leeds - to discuss what he believed where the issues the police needing to concentrate their time and resources on.

Plus, of course, he had the KEYS to Broadmoor high security mental hospital (yet those in the know knew he was a paedophile who also preyed on vulnerable people who were incapacitated/unable to fend for themselves), but hey ho - Jim's a bloody good chap / fund raiser and we've no-one with a higher profile to run this place so WTF!

Yep, this world is a totally fecked up fouled up place and the more we uncover the truth about unsavoury specimens such as Saville who were given full control of folks' lives, the more important we realise we really must query and question everything and anything which doesn't sit right, feel right or smells distinctly of bull or rat shit as the system has been proved, all too often, to be rotten to the core.

Reet, I'm off me soapbox now and away for a walk before these ever-shortening afternoons pull in and become night again.

Have a good weekend, fellas.

23. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
  24. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    One that some might struggle with unless you are 'of an age' :) And I am :)

Andy Barr likes this.
  25. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Back in Maplin days we got the BBC studio staff in the shop all the time because they we just down the road and I became matey with a Sound bloke and a floor manager called 'Mac'. Not only did me and Cindy get to meet Les Dawson and Cindy was given the Cosmo Smallpiece 'Knickers, Knackers, Knockers' line with the trademark glasses thanks to Mac, but he was also a wannabe Atari pirate. He hoped that because of my connections in the scene that I could open a few doors, sadly he miss judged what power he thought I had in the scene. Anyway, when the stories about Saville started to appear I called Simon and Mac up to ask how much they had heard at the time, boy, cracking a safe would have been easier. Even tho they were no longer with the Beeb or retired, all I could get after ages was a "big people knew" and that was it re Jimmy, I did get reminded of the Xmas sound reel that they played, made up of mistakes, out takes and the best being an on live mic of Sue Lawley being given one in the back passage by one of the studio lads. I used to have the tape, but it got lost in my many moves.