1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Atari 800 and 1050 on final countdown...

Discussion in 'Looking to Rehome' started by Andy Barr, May 3, 2020.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
  2. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    SOLD for...

EUR 255.00
    Approximately £223.81

Not bad for an 800 in good shape AND a 1050 and jossie etc.

3. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Mad price if you ask me, reading it they are both un tested, I keep seeing this un tested thing, just feels like a way of putting up broken stuff and getting good money for it. With my luck I'd put up a working machine and get half that money..

4. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    They are asking MAD prices, mate on Feebay - I've seen 800s listed at £399 and over (battle damaged, ie with chunks missing from em) and there are 1050s right now listed for £150 plus each.
    Aye, I'm the same - I let a boxed, fully working 400 go for £30 due to an error in the listing and was daft enough to let the sale go through as he "sounded decent".
    C'est la vie... it is a risk these untested items.

5. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Wow, I thought the market had died, but what do I know :)

Actually its a little refreshing as I am still in turmoil about getting rid of some stuff..

ANd thank you again, we visited the local Chinese, got told off for not having masks but had a wonderful meal at home thanks to your generosity.Tasted like food from Heaven after all the beans on toast (and there's nothing wrong with all that) but it was lovely and my daughter was over the moon, she didn't need to be asked twice if she wanted some :)

Andy Barr likes this.
  6. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Great to hear, mate.
    A good old takeaway always lifts the spirits as it gives everyone a break from the usual prepping&making then washing up and is damn tasty and just makes for a ruddy good change.
    Glad I could help in a little way, Paul - does us all the power of good.
    As you say, the retro gear's going for silly money nowadays but there's always that sense of... should I...am I gonna regret this??
    Always a tough one to get rid of stuff we've had since... we think back to the fun times we had with it all, go all misty-eyed and stronger feelings of holding on take over... next thing you know, you're still "harbouring" all that dust!

7. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I'm in a weird situation (well its me, its bound to be weird) I have all these machines but I can't play them all and a bit on the broke side BUT I have the small inheritance from Bob coming at some point and 2K will help at the moment but I keep returning in my head that the machines mostly stand still and if I kept two so I have a spare I could flog the others..The 800 will stay as its my fave. Not sure the old Amiga 500 would sell, its more orange than Trump is.

So I have at least 3 machines that can go but the second I type that I get a pang of guilt..

Mind you after another bad night (well got rid of the sister at least) my head is screwed, did get sleep tho and was up at 7am which is more like me.

Andy Barr likes this.
  8. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Glad you got some kip, Paul and also glad that the situation there is at least quiet...for now.

Yeah, it is a dilemma as to which machines to sell and which to keep as they all tend to have their merits.

Mind, an easy one with the Amiga - anything resembling Trump MUST GO!

We've had a broken night's sleep and Bev is deffo a bit heavier with her cold this morning so it's been non-stop cuppas, Lemsips and staying in bed for her.

I'm just grateful we haven't got idiots living above us and I continue to hope that you get some support there, fella, with your abusive neighbours.

If all else fails, hurl the Trump Amiga at em.

9. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Our best to Bev, I take all those Lemsips but I find that they don't do much but at least the Vit C is good for you..

Was talking to one of Bobs nephews and he got it, said he collapsed with a 102 temp and 122 heart rate and sweating like a pig...Kept him in for a couple of days and he's right as rain..