1. Not old. Vintage. :)

BASIC program on ATR image disk

Discussion in 'SIG: Atari 8-Bit Software' started by AlexDrito, Aug 8, 2021.

1. by AlexDrito
    AlexDrito

AlexDrito Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Hi all you Atarians, for the first time I have received an ATR disk image file from a person who would like me to review his BASIC programmed game for Atari 8-bit. I've tried many operations in order to load the supposedly .BAS program included in the ATR disk image, but cannot find a way to make it work. I've tried to boot with a DOS image diskette (Altirra or Atari800Win) and then see the directory of the ATR file, but nothing seems to work.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, but it should be straightforward, shouldn't it?
    I enclose here the ATR file, which crashes Altirra or Atari800Win when launched. Could it be corrupted?

Thank you in advance if you let your experience speak here and help me.
    Cercamon

Attached Files:

• TRE.atr
      File size:
      90 KB
      Views:
  2. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    On it

Andy Barr likes this.
  3. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I have tried 3 emulators and several DOS'es and had no joy, it keeps saying Zero sectors free.

Andy Barr likes this.
  4. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    AspeQT shows nothing when the disk is mounted and you try to explore it either....

Andy Barr likes this.
  5. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Sincerely, if I could write it to a real disk and try it out on my hardware I would, Dazza, but as Rich is finding, it doesn't sound like it would work anyway. What a shame. Perhaps get the guy to re-try and re-send?

6. by AlexDrito
    AlexDrito

AlexDrito Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Thank you, Rich and Andy. The disk image is probably corrupted. I'll contact the person and ask for a zipped archive containing the ATR file. Maybe the disk image got corrupted while transferring data through e-mail.

Again, thank you for your time, trying to make it work.

Vyper68 and Andy Barr like this.
  7. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I also have that and its almost blank bar a sector at the beginning..

I'm sure I got it off the AA forums, wish you could search by attachments on there...

Andy Barr likes this.
  8. by AlexDrito
    AlexDrito

AlexDrito Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    The disk image was indeed corrupted. I had a confirmation from the sender, a guy who typed in a game from a magazine and wanted to contribute to RMW's new project RetroLIPS, which is aiming to collect all the old listings taken from magazines. This was a platform game written in Atari BASIC. The guy sent me another ATR file and this time it worked first shot.

Andy Barr and Vyper68 like this.