1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Games that use paddle controllers on the A8

Discussion in 'SIG: Atari 8-Bit Software' started by nysavant, Jun 12, 2021.

1. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Hi Folks

I was playing around with my 800XL today and plugged in a set of paddle controllers to try them with Arkanoid. Managed to get up to level 17 and a new high score. The game was so much more enjoyable with the paddles :)

So, any recommendations or suggestions for other games that might work with the paddles?

Andy Barr likes this.
  2. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Here's a few, there are more because my database did not pick up Arkanoid so I expect there must be more..

Attached Files:

Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  3. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Excellent, thanks Paul :)

That's plenty to be exploring!

Andy Barr likes this.
  4. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    My pleasure, I have a set of paddles but never used them, may try arkanoid. Before I lost all my first gear I had a trakball, light pen, touch tablet and numerous other devices (NOT, the Le Stick...) Although I have an art O'Level (and the only O'level I have) I was never much good on the touch Tablet, everything looked like a 5yr old had been on it.

And still does :)

Andy Barr likes this.
  5. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    LOL! I don't know much about art, guys, but can also match you in the "looks like a kid's done it" stakes, Paul, whenever I put (light) pen to paper too. I recall starting up an Arkanoid paddles thread on the old Atari Sector site and I think we discussed paddle based games there too. I will see (when I finally get set-up again - everything is currently in boxes and scattered around in the attic lads) what's what in the next few months and stick in 1-2 contributions as for now I'm kinda running on reserve here and missing my (retro) fix, fellas.