1. Not old. Vintage. :)

GCP (Games Computers Play) Manual

Discussion in 'SIG: Atari 8-Bit Software' started by Timothy Kline, May 13, 2020.

1. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Timothy Kline Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    M.D.Baker likes this.
  2. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Was the actual software and games for GCP service ever found? Programs or source code? I'd love to be able to play these games with Fujinet or even via local area networking. These games had to deal with the norm of 300 baud back in the day, so I'd think it wouldn't be hard to get them working, even via null-modem networking between Atari's.

Timothy Kline likes this.
  3. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Blog Posts:
    Articles:

So far as I know, the only program available is "Lords of Space," Matt. Here are some additional links to go-with:

Games Computers Play, Inc. Games
    "Lords of Space" (Requires GCP online service as of this posting.)

4. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Andy Barr and Timothy Kline like this.
  5. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    _________

I re-read the thread again, and you're right. I went ahead and grabbed the ZIP for my archives, as I really thought it was just the LoD game. And this after I swear I read the part about the label being wrong at AtariMania, mind you! I must be losing another DRAM up in my head or something... :confused:

--Tim

Andy Barr likes this.
  6. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    It happens to us all from time to time. I've started re-reading posts more than once, and pondering before I reply. It can be as simple as misreading a 'can't' for a 'can' or vice versa an you misunderstand completely, on top of short-term memory loss of what you just read.

7. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Just having the software is a huge leap in being able to use it, it could be De-assembled and made to work with Fujinet or SIO/PIA LAN, eventually, etc. Then we could all experience this piece of history that was years ahead of it's time.

Andy Barr and Timothy Kline like this.