1. Not old. Vintage. :)

HOW MUCH for your Jupiter??

Discussion in 'Looking to Rehome' started by Andy Barr, Jan 12, 2021.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Dear me, guys...

It doesn't get any better out there on the old retro micro market margins front...

When I 1st clocked this I thought the guy was flogging the entire PLANET Jupiter and throwing in a couple of moons too...

upload_2021-1-12_11-2-19.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jupiter-...203224914103?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

I think at the very end of this machine's life, they were "giving em away" for £20-30.

If only we'd bought a couple of dozen, fellas - we could have set-up on our own Caribbean island by now.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    kokkiklhs and M.D.Baker like this.
  2. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    Yup, that's one of the machine Maplin had that we could not sell for love nor money..I boxed all of the machines up and sent them back to the main office..

He will be lucky to get 159.00....or even 15.90.....Not even that rare, just unwanted, bit like the Amstrad GX400 console...

M.D.Baker, Andy Barr and Vyper68 like this.
  3. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Hilarious! It sounds like another Aquarius story...and still hardly wanted today...

Andy Barr likes this.
  4. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    @Andy Barr Isn't that about as much money as it takes to get some random star in the sky named after someone or yourself? I think somebody already bought Jupiter. Probably Bill Gates or Elon Musk

Andy Barr likes this.
  5. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    LOL.

Yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised, Matt, to find that those two guys had already hoovered up "ownership" of cosmic heavenly bodies such as old Jupiter already.

Probably as Christmas gifts to their very own companion "heavenly bodies".

How much better if say Bill had bought his missus Melinda copyright / naming rights on the two bum note retro micros Ace and Aquarius and then told her to wander around Lake Washington with a reduced memory (say 2-4K), with a dead sea creature fleshy appearance and telling people to go FORTH and multiply (randomly) before rebooting herself. Hours of (padded cell) fun, Bill!

M.D.Baker likes this.
  6. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
  7. by kokkiklhs
    kokkiklhs

kokkiklhs Cabin Boy

Blog Posts:
    I'll buy two of them...!!!
    :D

M.D.Baker and Andy Barr like this.