1. Not old. Vintage. :)

I've got Syberian Huskie pups!

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by M.D.Baker, Jun 1, 2021.

1. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I know it's "Husky," it was a "typo" but apparently I can't edit the title?

5 of them, one female (white) and four males. Anyone want a pup? I only intend to keep one for myself. One is going to a neighbor friend, but we need to get rid of 3 still. We already have 6 dogs now besides the new pups! (four of them are rescues)

I think I may keep one of the white ones, but I'm making no final decision until they are a few week older and I can get to know them. My new husky may just choose me.

20210601_203041.jpg

Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  2. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Aw man :)

M.D.Baker likes this.
  3. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Cute pups..Congrats Matt...

M.D.Baker likes this.
  4. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I'll post more pictures in a few weeks when they start looking more like Husky's than fury piglets and have their eyes open. Maybe some or all of you already knew, but it was news to me while I was researching Husky's that they (I assume all dog breeds) are deaf for several weeks, it's the last sense to fully develop.

But the fact that their vocals are working from day one is no news to me, these little rug rats like to squeal like pigs at high decibels, especially at 3 am.

Andy Barr likes this.
  5. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    BEAUTIES!
    Bev would move to Oklahoma for one of those Husky pups, Matt, if only she could!
    Adorable - lucky you guys.
    Sending all our best to you and the lovely litter.
    What loves they must be - hope they're all doing just fine, mate.

M.D.Baker likes this.
  6. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I'd imagine there's potential for many upgrades from that little puppy goldmine you have :)

The first time we went to Florida, we came so close to bringing a husky pup home, but the quarantine put us off (thought it would be cruel) as well as the stonking great charge it would incur.

The second my wife sees a chow or a husky, she melts, you have to pull her away so the owner can get on :)

M.D.Baker and Andy Barr like this.
  7. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    All five are doing fine. Their eyes are open now, but I'm not sure how much they see. They seem to still be deaf but that should change very shortly. They are all starting to look like miniature Husky's now...here's the latest picture, unfortunately they are all sleeping atm. I'll take more in another week or two. The one at the bottom looks the most like his mother, the two brown and white ones in the middle look the most like their father, then there are the two pure-white ones, the first born male, and the last born female. the other 3 are also males.

20210615_182212.jpg

Andy Barr likes this.
  8. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Here they are playing this morning. After about ten minutes playing they are all fast asleep again!

As to upgrades Paul, probably not so much. One is mine, one we promised a friend for free, so that leaves three, but we don't have papers for any of them, so they will probably only sell for a few hundred each and that will probably go to more home improvements. This was all about me getting a son from my beloved Beaux (10 now, with an average life span of 12-15), and not about profit. I have a wonderful choice to make for myself though.

20210616_073920.jpg

Andy Barr likes this.
  9. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Well you achieved your goal what lovely pups they are...

Chosen your one yet?

Andy Barr likes this.
  10. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Not quite yet. I've been leaning toward the white first born male, just because they are beautiful and I think rarer, and he was first born, but I'm still torn in wanting one that looks more like Beaux. More a Beaux jr. So for now I've decided to wait until they are older and I can get to know their personalities (if there's one that acts the most like Beaux too, out of the brown and white ones (if the white one has a similar personality that's a plus for him). But I'm also open to letting the puppy choose me.

The one I'm doubtful I'll choose is the white female, last born. Not because of position of birth, but because this is the first and last litter we intend to have, and at least for a while, there will be four males around, two being related and I don't want to deal with keeping them under control when she's in heat, it's been hell with Bella, and now we have the female Rottweiler puppy (growing fast) we rescued a couple months ago too. My brother is also not as much a fan of dogs as I am, he hates the hassle and responsibility far more than I do.

He is already asking me to find another home for the Rottweiler pup, his second dong, while I will have four of my own, and possibly more if we can't get rid of the others for some reason (another thing he's scared of). In fact it he's planning on getting Bella fixed now before she were to go into heat again. And I've come to love the Rottweiler, Daisy, as she's been staying in my room at night to keep her away from Bella and the pups, and may take on responsibility for her too.

In any case, I'm about to spend a lot of money next week on fencing to give them all a yard to run around in, just in case, and also for are older dogs who have mostly always been restrained with a chain or lease and taken on walks and never real get to "run free" which a fenced in pen area will allow, at least in circles.

Andy Barr likes this.
  11. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Here is the latest pics of the puppies. I guess they are almost 4 weeks old now. The two left-front in the first picture are the leading contenders to be mine. The brown and white one seems to have the colors and personality (reserved and a loner) closest to his father. The brown and white one sitting looks like the reserved loner type in the picture, but he's not.

The white male is probably the most outgoing and friendly. Yes, the white male who is up and moving in each subsequent picture did end up falling off the chair, but he didn't seem concerned...:rolleyes:

Apparently the white female in the back had her head stuck under the one next to her during the photo-shoot, I didn't notice at the time; it was all done in a matter of a second or two once I corralled them all and put them on the chair.

I think their floppy ears will start standing up permanently as they get a little older.

20210627_114417.jpg 20210627_114418.jpg 20210627_114421_HDR.jpg

Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  12. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    My wife want's...............Them all........As expected....

M.D.Baker and Andy Barr like this.
  13. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    They're utterly gorgeous, Matt.
    Bev putting a late claim in on em all too...just to be sure!

M.D.Baker likes this.
  14. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I just realized not only did I misspell 'Husky' wrong in the title but I misspelled Siberian too! LOL! I blame that on the old 3DO game Cyberia (and later other consoles and PC)!

3do_cyberia.jpg

15. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    If I worried about miss-spelling, I'd be a very troubled man :)

Problem is there's far too many grammar Nazi's on the internet and in general the mistakes are not because the person is lacking in knowledge but more because they are doing a 100 and 1 things at the same time.

As they say, shit happens....

Ah, the good old 3DO, a console made to fail, was supposed to be Trip Hawkin's super machine but although good it wasn't as good as it needed to be and poorly supported.

Shame...

Keep us posted re the pup's Matt, my wife just is fixated on the little cuties...

M.D.Baker likes this.
  16. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Well, a week later now, I decided to make up my mind about the pup I'm keeping, as later this week we have people coming to look at the pups and see the mother and father. And they may go home with one or more. I have 2 different parties interested and another possible that is an Amazon delivery driver who said he wished he could take Beaux, my adult Husky and Husky-Shepard mix Toby that was a rescue ( and that's the best guess by me and cell-phone dog breed apps). And I told him about the Husky pups.He said he had to talk to the wife, and we get different drivers out here all the time am I'm not sure how regular he is yet. I'm not sure if I remember any of the drivers yet by face we get so many different ones!

Anyway, I decided on the brown and white pup, as his personality is closer to Beaux's, who is a loner and low-maintenance, but still affectionate and playful at times. I'd of course been thinking of different name possibilities since the beginning, but when I actually picked him up and said to my brother, "this is the one I'm keeping," I looked at him (the dog) and a name sprung to mind in that moment, that I hadn't thought of before...

Ladies and gentlemen, meet Taylor:

20210704_102752.jpg 20210704_102747.jpg

I'll get some better shots later, he just didn't want to sit still once I put him up on the desk by the computers and printers.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  17. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    He's got a look of, "I can pee on that, and that, and that as well"...

Cute doggy...

nysavant and M.D.Baker like this.
  18. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I meant to comment on this days ago, but I must have been interrupted.

Anyway, about the 3DO, my second favorite console of all time, I agree. All three of the first "next-gen" consoles released between '93-94; 3DO, Jaguar and Megadrive 32X were definitely a huge leap over the SNES and Megadrive/CD combo, but the tech was changing so fast then, and though all three were good 3D polygon pushing machines that would have been acceptable as the next generation, but all three were rushed to market to either be the first or playing catch-up.Of course it was Sega of America that developed the 32X when the Jaguar and 3DO hit, because Sega of Japan never told them they were working on the Saturn as the Megadrive/CD replacement.

So the 32X was not only too soon and under-powered to compete with anything but it's contemporaries the 3DO and Jaguar, which were both released about a year too early, but it never should have been because of the Saturn. And if a bit more development time and to work out the hardware bugs was given, they could have had something much closer in power to the Playstation. Liike hardware texture-mapping on the Jag, fix the bugs and add another register. And the 3DO actually relied to heavily on streaming direct from the CD; something that helped make it "look" more powerful than the Jaguar, a sort of cheat (Road Rash and Need for Speed use this, if you get any scratches on your 3DO CD, you will find out real quick when the 3DO skips and freezes depending on how bad the scratches are). The Jaguar CD actually has this same ability, but rarely used because it wasn't out long enough and the first CD games weren't made to use it for in-game streaming data beyond FMV and music.

The Jaguar still would have had a year lead to market over the Saturn and Playstation, (which it already had over the 32X and 3DO, but failed to capitalize as Tramiel's Atari always did. The 32X never would have been and you would have had a Jaguar released for Christmas '94 with a larger opening libary, better working hardware and development tools, and the CD add-on released in '95 along with the Jag-duo all-in-one to compete better price-wise with 3DO, Saturn and PSX. But Atari and 3DO didn't have the capital to wait and had to rush to market before they both went bankrupt waiting on proper development, and Sega America was caught with their pants down with the early release of the Jaguar and 3DO systems, and lack of even knowing what Sega Japan was doing, let alone support from them, so they through something together thinking they would be saving Sega as a whole because they didn't know Sega Japan had the Saturn (released in Japan at just about the same time the 32X was released in the states, and then delayed a year for release in the stated because of the 32X's existance! Wild times, but I love my Jag and 3DO and they actually compliment each other with their unique games and the 3DO got many games that were slated for Jag&JagCD but never made it (like the Songbird release of Robinson's Requiem) so the libraries compliment each other and between the two I had a large enough library of great games for me to skip the Saturn and Playstation and N64 and not get another console until the Dreamcast. (my third favorite console of all time)

19. M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Here are the latest pictures of the pups! They are 8 weeks old sometime this week. Having fun in the great outdoors in their puppy-pen. Something discovered since the last time I posted; my pick of the litter Taylor has one green eye and one blue eye, like his grandfather. He's the one lying down in the last pictures and the one up on the fence in the second and third pictures.The right eye is green. It's hard to tell in these pictures due to lighting. All the other have both blue eyes.

20210719_144529.jpg 20210719_144534.jpg 20210719_144536.jpg 20210719_144557.jpg 20210719_144550.jpg 20210719_144552.jpg 20210719_144618.jpg 20210719_144623.jpg 20210719_144621.jpg

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021 at 8:23 AM
    nysavant likes this.
  20. M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    We can always tell the white female from the male, as the female's fur always looks well groomed and his always looks a bit shaggy.:D

My brother went ahead and gave the rest of the pups names, which they all know their names now. I guess they'll have to get used to new names with their new owners, if we get rid of them all. We will be posting them for sale this week on Craigs's List (I don't know if it's international) on-line classifieds for the Tulsa, OK area.

The people we offered, one even asked when we first got Bella for breading, have now declined. So we've decided to put a price on their heads (the pups not the people:meh:) and if anyone shows up to see them, they'll leave with one (or more) as we are willing to go to $0 and give them away still, but it seems people are more attracted to dogs selling for $$$ than given away, even if they are pure breads!:loopy:

Anyway, the white female is Leila, the white male Thor. The light-brown male is Huffy, and the dark-brown with streak of white on his back is Gary. We generally don't think up names, when we decide to name them, we just look at them and whatever name pops in our head first is the one. I even tried to come up with a good name for Taylor, decided on Chi (Greek alphabet and one of my fraternity letters) but when I picked him up and looked into his eyes, Taylor came to mind and it had to be.

21. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    They look lovely Matt, nice to see them likely going to good homes, as you say, people seem to value something that has cost a bit. Hopefully it's not international, as I'd hate to think of the travelling and quarantine issues on the poor scared animal.

They are all good-looking dogs, but your choice has that extra bit of personality..

Have fun with you new life friend..

M.D.Baker likes this.
  22. nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Lovely looking dogs Matt If I was over your side of the water just now I'd be making a case to my other half for one of them!