1. Not old. Vintage. :)

I've got Syberian Huskie pups!

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by M.D.Baker, Jun 1, 2021.

1. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I know it's "Husky," it was a "typo" but apparently I can't edit the title?

5 of them, one female (white) and four males. Anyone want a pup? I only intend to keep one for myself. One is going to a neighbor friend, but we need to get rid of 3 still. We already have 6 dogs now besides the new pups! (four of them are rescues)

I think I may keep one of the white ones, but I'm making no final decision until they are a few week older and I can get to know them. My new husky may just choose me.

20210601_203041.jpg

Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  2. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Aw man :)

M.D.Baker likes this.
  3. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Cute pups..Congrats Matt...

M.D.Baker likes this.
  4. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I'll post more pictures in a few weeks when they start looking more like Husky's than fury piglets and have their eyes open. Maybe some or all of you already knew, but it was news to me while I was researching Husky's that they (I assume all dog breeds) are deaf for several weeks, it's the last sense to fully develop.

But the fact that their vocals are working from day one is no news to me, these little rug rats like to squeal like pigs at high decibels, especially at 3 am.

Andy Barr likes this.
  5. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    BEAUTIES!
    Bev would move to Oklahoma for one of those Husky pups, Matt, if only she could!
    Adorable - lucky you guys.
    Sending all our best to you and the lovely litter.
    What loves they must be - hope they're all doing just fine, mate.

M.D.Baker likes this.
  6. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I'd imagine there's potential for many upgrades from that little puppy goldmine you have :)

The first time we went to Florida, we came so close to bringing a husky pup home, but the quarantine put us off (thought it would be cruel) as well as the stonking great charge it would incur.

The second my wife sees a chow or a husky, she melts, you have to pull her away so the owner can get on :)

M.D.Baker and Andy Barr like this.
  7. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    All five are doing fine. Their eyes are open now, but I'm not sure how much they see. They seem to still be deaf but that should change very shortly. They are all starting to look like miniature Husky's now...here's the latest picture, unfortunately they are all sleeping atm. I'll take more in another week or two. The one at the bottom looks the most like his mother, the two brown and white ones in the middle look the most like their father, then there are the two pure-white ones, the first born male, and the last born female. the other 3 are also males.

20210615_182212.jpg

Andy Barr likes this.
  8. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Here they are playing this morning. After about ten minutes playing they are all fast asleep again!

As to upgrades Paul, probably not so much. One is mine, one we promised a friend for free, so that leaves three, but we don't have papers for any of them, so they will probably only sell for a few hundred each and that will probably go to more home improvements. This was all about me getting a son from my beloved Beaux (10 now, with an average life span of 12-15), and not about profit. I have a wonderful choice to make for myself though.

20210616_073920.jpg

Andy Barr likes this.
  9. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Well you achieved your goal what lovely pups they are...

Chosen your one yet?

Andy Barr likes this.
  10. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Not quite yet. I've been leaning toward the white first born male, just because they are beautiful and I think rarer, and he was first born, but I'm still torn in wanting one that looks more like Beaux. More a Beaux jr. So for now I've decided to wait until they are older and I can get to know their personalities (if there's one that acts the most like Beaux too, out of the brown and white ones (if the white one has a similar personality that's a plus for him). But I'm also open to letting the puppy choose me.

The one I'm doubtful I'll choose is the white female, last born. Not because of position of birth, but because this is the first and last litter we intend to have, and at least for a while, there will be four males around, two being related and I don't want to deal with keeping them under control when she's in heat, it's been hell with Bella, and now we have the female Rottweiler puppy (growing fast) we rescued a couple months ago too. My brother is also not as much a fan of dogs as I am, he hates the hassle and responsibility far more than I do.

He is already asking me to find another home for the Rottweiler pup, his second dong, while I will have four of my own, and possibly more if we can't get rid of the others for some reason (another thing he's scared of). In fact it he's planning on getting Bella fixed now before she were to go into heat again. And I've come to love the Rottweiler, Daisy, as she's been staying in my room at night to keep her away from Bella and the pups, and may take on responsibility for her too.

In any case, I'm about to spend a lot of money next week on fencing to give them all a yard to run around in, just in case, and also for are older dogs who have mostly always been restrained with a chain or lease and taken on walks and never real get to "run free" which a fenced in pen area will allow, at least in circles.

Andy Barr likes this.