1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Most liked posts in thread: Oldies but goldies...General old good tunes..

1. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    That surprised me, thought I'd hate it but have to say I rather enjoyed that..No antics from Noel, always good to see that..

As for the test, I just have a weird vision of the call and then somehow a tube comes out of my phone and goes up the nose...I would not mind but the test takes less than 2 mins, had it done 3 times, basically a puffer ball gets squeezed up you snozz to numb it a little and then the tube goes up the nostril and down the throat and every time I've had it done the person doing it says just as it enters the larynx, "try not to swallow on the tube" which instantly causes you to swallow on the tube....Class.

But back to the music, all my tracks were 70's based but were not always favourites then, Sylvia and Hocus Pocus were tho and it was odd because I'm not a rock and roller by nature, more soul, jazz and funk (and disco, NOT YMCA tho! Nowt to do with the gay thing, just that some disco was just annoying, anything to a high rate drum beat...Disco Duck anyone). Anyway, so more rock related stuff became interesting when I actually bothered to listen to it. I love no more heroes, a real statement there (and it sounds good too)

And lastly, I love hearing other people fave stuff, sometimes you find something you missed out on or had forgotten.

Vyper68, Timothy Kline and Andy Barr like this.
  2. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    Poor Minnie, another stunning singer taken from the world way too soon...

Used to love all Mariah Carey's stuff but after album 2 it all became boyband crap, and now that wonderful voice sounds like some of the more rubbish contestants on programs like X-Factor....(don't get me started on so called reality shows!!)

Reality shows with script advisors???

Timothy Kline and Vyper68 like this.
  3. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Timothy Kline Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    I just now saw this thread! What an excellent tack, Paul!

Minnie Riverton for the win! I have to admit that the others I am not familiar with, though, and need to give 'em a listen.

--Tim

Vyper68 likes this.
  4. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
  5. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Excellent suggestions, Paul.

Am particularly enjoying Hocus Pocus right now.

Good luck, we're all sending you that, regarding the health check-up, as we sincerely hope for some good news soon on that front and of course the neighbours piping DOWN.

Try some of this High Flying Birds altitude stuff with Noel Gallagher (no fan of those pretentious and attitude-prone prats Oasis, but this tune is quite mellow):

It is a Beautiful World... you know it is.

6. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    And for something completely different....