1. Not old. Vintage. :)

RastaConverter

Discussion in 'SIG: Atari 8-Bit Software' started by Timothy Kline, Jun 27, 2020.

1. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Timothy Kline Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    I must be a total noob here, but does anyone here know how one would get started using RastaConverter? @M.D.Baker , you might be the best person to ask about this, actually, but maybe someone else has mucked around with it, as well?

I get to this point, but see no executables... admittedly, I can be unbelievably dense at times, but that's why I thought I'd just ask.

--> As far as I seem to be able to get: https://github.com/ilmenit/RastaConverter

Thanks, in advance!
    --Tim

Vyper68 likes this.
  2. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
  3. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    Vyper68 likes this.
  4. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I can't find a newer one from Ilmenit...

Matt is your go to person on the program, he's done loads of pictures..

I tried it a couple of times but it was too much time left running for my limited attention span.

Vyper68 and Timothy Kline like this.
  5. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    Vyper68 likes this.
  6. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    ________ _________

It'll probably end the same way for me, LOL! But I at least would like to give it a spin.

Actually, this past week I've been working on BBSing between my Atari and a 486DX/2 66 system running Renegade BBS-- using a ringdown emulator in lieu of an actual phone line. Next up will be trying to rebuild my Carina BBS from the Way-Back of my BBSing days.

Why BBSing? To get myself initially re-acquainted with networking via Atari and getting a feel for speed of transmission, first across a 2400 baud modem, and then hopefully on to serial-based. :)

--Tim

Vyper68 likes this.
  7. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Blog Posts:
    Articles:

Attached Files:

Vyper68 likes this.
  8. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to chime in so late, we're busy bees around the homestead. I'm glad you found the latest version. I use it all the time, I have a conversion taking place on my PC while I am on this forum typing this post! I just put up a couple images of airplanes on the AA thread "Images generated by Rastaconverter." I've done hundreds, most are in that thread, but I have them all, and most everyone else's conversions on my PC, I could .zip them up for anyone who hasn't kept up with the thread and all the great graphic images made with Rasta. You'll know my conversions as I'm pretty much the only one who doesn't put his name/handle on the conversions. A personal decision of mine since what I do is only use a converter to convert (badly) other's photos and art.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    Graham, Vyper68 and Timothy Kline like this.