1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Some "once in a lifetime" Atari s/ware lots up for grabs here, fellas..

Discussion in 'Looking to Rehome' started by Andy Barr, Nov 11, 2020.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Timothy Kline likes this.
  2. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
  3. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Cabin Boy

Blog Posts:
    That English software set was/is so tempting....

Andy Barr likes this.
  4. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    More V Nice software and look at the bids, crazy money but they seem to be keen...

Andy Barr likes this.
  5. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Cabin Boy

Blog Posts:
    My mum and dad were both addicted to Diamonds on my 800XL. While I had moved on to the ST they would spend evenings playing it or Missile Command. It's a game that brings back lots of happy memories for me :)

Andy Barr likes this.
  6. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Its hard to think of our parents as players, well that is until you got to their age and still play yourself..

Andy Barr likes this.
  7. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Agreed, fellas...indeed some of us are now in the grandparents category (!)

This lot, also from the same guy, doing - again, no surprise one bit - very nicely, thank you:

upload_2020-11-15_22-5-0.png

8. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Nice (final) price...

upload_2020-11-16_18-25-26.png

9. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Bloody nora, why did I have to lose all that software I used to have..

But I have to say he has some really nice gear, sadly as my lottery skill is between zero numbers and er zero numbers as of late I doubt I'll be indulging..

Plight made worse by my daughters Dell laptop going seriously faulty (they can't hear her on Teams meetings), student finance can help but its a 200 deposit for a brand new more powerful lappy. We were gifted 140 US dollars by the in laws, found them in a very old coat apparently. Equates to around 100UK but buying commision off that.

Got to help her, its affecting her course.

Sounds like the mother board has an issue, I've trained her in IT and she's done all the usual tests so its sounding like hardware..

If only I had 19 Americana games for sale :)

I wish...

Andy Barr likes this.
  10. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Mate,
    I wish I had a spare half decent laptop for you but our "spares" should really be labelled rejects as they're all 7-10 years old with either 1gig or 2gig RAM, obsolete OSes and would struggle running Word let alone Teams.

I wish you luck with that, Paul.

What a bummer.

11. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Thank you for the kind thought, apparently the lappy she will get will be both lighter (handy as she suffers from fatigue) and more powerful, the rep for student finance already said her lappy was not powerful enough as it is. Oh we will get the deposit sorted, its not a huge issue, just another one to deal with. The dollars help a load so its not doom and gloom.

I have another dell touch screen here but its older than the one she has so no good for the work, shame as its really light...The one she has is 19inch, compared to a Mac Book that the others have its 3 times the thickness and 3 times the weight..

Thankfully its all online teaching so she does not have to carry it about but because its all online she needs a working one but she can do all the non teams stuff on it.

All I can say is that I'm so grateful to Bob for all his hardware as without that she would have had nothing to go to uni with.

Andy Barr likes this.
  12. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Good ol Bob.
    It's funny how some things are meant to be and his legacy, via your longtime friendship, was destined to help you and your family well after he'd left this world, mate - as if a bond is still there.
    As ever, you put others first, Paul and I'm sure Serena will go on from strength to strength with the new lappy.
    Keep us up to speed on how you get on and let's hope she's up and running with it real soon.

13. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Its all down to student finance and how quickly they process it, I can't imagine with the run up to the early Uni shutdown around December 4th that much will be done but I hope I'm wrong, its quite an important bit of kit.

And yeah, Bob continues to help not just me but others, a mates Uncle needed a hard drive for a PC, he's a lovely old West Indian guy, the sort of person that greets you for the first time like he's known you forever. Well thanks to Bob I was able to give him a HD and now he's back up and running.

Wish his nephew would spread his ashes though, I'm not an after life sort of person but I think its the right thing to get them where Bob wanted rather than sitting in a jar somewhere. But thinking about it, I wonder if the church will allow the ashes to be sprinkled at this time.

How this bloody disease has ruined even the most simple things..

And so good to hear that the government paid 21Million to a bloke just for consulting on PPE gear supply..21Million oh and another 21Million to another guy for organising the supply of the actual gear..

Heads should roll....

Even worse, we still managed to stuff it up...

Andy Barr likes this.
  14. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    As you say, Paul, it's a world gone completely mad these days - it's all back to front, upside down, inside out and little of it makes sense any more.
    Our old 'late' mate Peter would have gone mental and ignored all these restrictions and clampdowns and probably succumbed to it due to his COPD and then we'd have felt terrible. Similarly, thank god your old pal Bob got out before this bloody pandemic messed his mind too but what amazing gifts his legacies continue to give helping out time after time. God bless him.

Just a quick update on those auctions as these lovely lots come to a dramatic end on their auctions:

upload_2020-11-17_22-57-8.png

15. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Oh, to have owned a fraction of these fab fantasies: upload_2020-11-17_22-58-18.png

16. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    LOL... and it takes AGES to collect this muc upload_2020-11-17_22-59-30.png h SEGA (and to count your lolly after the sale, too...)

nysavant likes this.