1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Taking a break.....

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine, May 18, 2021.

1. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Think its time I took a bit of a break from all this, I've really lost that mojo if I ever had it....

Too many issues here and its seriously affected my wish to be an 8bit / any bit person, been trying to enjoy titles over the last few days and I'm struggling from the pain and issues with my health...

Its so bad I got motion sickness from playing the last of us remastered on the PS4, I physically puked from playing it, tried to play my Xbox360 game Crackdown and it made me ill..

I'm not dying but just can't enjoy certain things like the way I used to ..

Thank you all for being such lovely people but I don't feel so good at the moment...

Have fun with the Syscheck Alan, its my gift to you....

I'll probably sell off my kit if still feel this way

2. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to hear that Paul.

Don't do anything hasty with all your gear that you might regret later. And remember we are here if you feel like talking anytime, doesn't have to be just be about retro stuff.

Take care mate and hopefully you find that missing mojo again
    Al.

Andy Barr likes this.
  3. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Sorry folks, was a little bit the worse for wear when I typed it, been a week from hell and decided to have a few glasses of the fall over juice which does not agree with me at all. The core of what I typed is right, I really have been feeling 'out of it' and totally lacking in care for the old machines but I'll probably not get rid. As for taking a break from here, no, not happening, I need all the good chat I can get.

Won't be having any more wee glasses anytime soon, I already feel like poo and now I feel sick as a dog, my fault, know I should not mix meds with wine. And to know it takes only a few glasses and I'm ill is rather sad...

I genuinely feel like crap as of late, upstairs and family are really hard to deal with for me and Cindy, health is really crappy..

As said Alan, enjoy the syscheck, its yours, did mean that but i'd appreciate a borrow if I get a dud machine :)

Sorry for being a drama queen folks, was juice affected :)

Vyper68 and Andy Barr like this.
  4. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Thank Al, as said, I decided to have a wee tipple of wine, between that and feeling sorry for myself (a stupid mix).

Won't be happening again as its the second or third time in the years that I've done it and became very down. Don't need any help there :)

Juice way on the back burner...

Vyper68, Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  5. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Glad to hear the break was so short lived Paul :)
    Feeling down and alcohol is never a good mix I suppose, especially if you aren't much of a drinker at the best of times.

And of course, the syscheck is here whenever you need it, no problem at all. It's been a steady fixture in my 800XL and has proved faultless.

Maybe you need to get a hold of an Oric-1. It may not reignite your retro passions (steady folks), but will probably give you a good laugh :)

Stay safe mate.

Andy Barr likes this.
  6. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Hey, Paul,
    We're here for you, mate, if you need a natter about anything at all - whatever it might be to get it off yer chest, offload and a problem shared is a problem doubled etc.
    NO! Halved, so leave that half of loopy juice and give us a bell/text anytime.
    Al's up for a natter and so am I (I need to catch up with Richie this week too so no bother if you fancy a chat too).
    I'll PM you me numero should you need it.
    I am sure, once the shite upstairs has either packed up and gone - or you guys maybe get rehomed - that life will suddenly be TEN TIMES better and your health will perk up and you'll be reaching for your joystick again, buddy.... (stop tittering about me joystick at the back).
    Keep smiling through, buddy.
    Life is a right series of bastard challenges, shitty hurdles and basically full o fuckwits out there who seem hellbent on their own selfish twatty actions but thank fek there are still a number of others who are quite the opposite and are really nice folks to know (as you know - there are a good number on here)
    Drop us a line/text anytime you feel like a catch up, pal (evenings best for me, Mon-Fri).
    Oric-1s should NOT be confused with inferior comedy products, eg. 16K Spectrums!
    [​IMG]

Vyper68 likes this.
  7. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Just a short one to echo what Andy said and to also add if you want another buddy to talk to then do drop me a line or phone. Internalising is never healthy so please don’t go down that path. I speak from experience.

nysavant and Andy Barr like this.
  8. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Richie, I appreciate that..

I'm a shit for internalising stuff, always do it, my head says its your shit, YOU sort it out. Poor Cindy and Serena have enough to deal with, poor Serena has just found out that she HAS to have surgery to remove a back tooth and its like to make her face numb if its not removed...Joy of joys..Thankfully its end of term soon so she can come home until her next halls are active (she does a 42 week rental) and she can get the surgery and relax here.

Cindy's family are driving her insane, I do what I can but it's never enough...

Could be a whole lot worse, so much death and destruction all over the world so I'm a mere grain of sand :)

Vyper68 and Andy Barr like this.
  9. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely - concentrate on the positives, Paul - lovely wife, super talented daughter and you'll be back with your retro mojo before long.

Should we have a video link up at the weekend and compare manboobs / get our funny muscles out?!

Probably not the latter idea(s) but who's up the former if we're free?

Let us know if you fancy an hour Sunday afternoon as I'm free about 3ish for an hour.

Keep smiling through the dirge, mate - the sun ALWAYS follows the rain and right now we're getting gallons of the stuff here in dull Ull.

10. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Got a message that my daughter has booted her laptop charger by accident and broken the plug that goes in to the laptop, thankfully I have a spare so its working out when she will be free as the staff are as dishonest as can be and I don't fancy the charger being nicked. Today is out, I know she's going to the Tate 2mozz and then out with her friends after so its likely to be sunday. I'll let you know but you have Bev's family down so don't go out of your way, I have not put the rope and stool up as yet :)

Actually I'm quite upbeat even with monster boy upstairs..He now actually growls (I kid you not and then at other times he sounds like a robin singing..Very odd noises). The fact I have been getting some gaming in, be it 10 mins or an hour pleases me. Small pleasures but appreciated ones...

And the support has been very appreciated.....Now, to win the lottery :)

Ah laptop.....Looks ok!

[​IMG]

But its not ok...

[​IMG]

It *might* glue back in, hope the socket isn't broken...

Andy Barr likes this.
  11. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Good luck with the laptop PSU repairs and hope the creature above evolves into a silent one...sounds weird, mate, but with a mother like his...owt's possible.

Watching some country stuff with Bev's dad whilst Bev and her mam gan out and get some sandwiches and cakes for afternoon tea when my dad and his missus joins us so we're all praying...it doesn't RAIN!

Keep on that upwards trajectory, me old muckah.

Still haven't got me natter in with Richie so hope we all get caught up soon with a catchup either on webcam or the old dog n bone.

Cheers, Paul - hope Serena gets sorted soon - am sure you'll suss it out.

12. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Yup, will be sorted, good luck with the tea sadly its down for rain BUT it says the same here and there's not been a drop so here's hoping..

Andy Barr likes this.
  13. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Sorry I'm late to the thread, I've just been really busy of late and when I do come here, it's been more about wanting to post something rather than to read other's posts. But we are stuck under a very wet weather system right now, and all my work, business and personal atm is outdoors, so I've suddenly more time for the hobby for a few days anyway.

I'm glad it was more about having a snoot full while being worse-for-wear than a more permanent condition. And you won't be taking an indefinite or permanent break due to health and circumstance just yet.

Andy Barr likes this.
  14. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Not as long as I can help it, i'm still a retro person through and through..

My body hasn't been kind as of late and the neighbours less kind but apart from that moment of feeling sorry for myself i'm still hanging there and able to enjoy what I like to a great degree. Nope, you lot aint getting rid of me just yet :)

Just sat here stripping wire to make a couple of leads (at long last), stuff I've put off because I felt miserable..So there's some upward movement..Slow but sure..

Just got to find my half decent multimeter leads...They will be in the wardrobe..

Somewhere in this lot...HELP!!

[​IMG]

M.D.Baker, Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  15. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Been playing Rayman Legends and Origins on the 360, super fun games but they need someone with faster reflexes than me :)

Actually I thought I did quite well in all fairness, If you see them going cheap then grab them, platform / puzzle goodness..And incredibly pretty too..

Andy Barr likes this.