1. Not old. Vintage. :)

TAPE BOXES (x5) Retronauts - stock up

Discussion in 'Looking to Barter or Trade' started by Andy Barr, Feb 23, 2020.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    OK, so who's got a load of loose tapes cluttering up their man cave and need a smart black retro tape box (holds x12) to make things tidier in there?

upload_2020-2-23_11-53-53.png

upload_2020-2-23_11-54-24.png

£2.50 each
    (plus postage) - or why not take the x5 off me for a tenner?

UK post just £3 - again the same if you buy 1,2 or all 5 - so it makes sense to grab the lot!

Surplus here - grab a Baz Bargain - first come, first served.

2. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Bloody hell! look at that old, green, rotary dial phone. If that doesn't SCREAM 60/70's then nothing does! Hopefully someone can make use of those tape boxes. I'd buy them, but I think due to size, if not weight, they wouldn't be worth the shipping costs over here, or the headache of International shipping paper work to send them.

Andy Barr likes this.
  3. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I lurve that old phone, fella.

We had one exactly the same in the early 80s and this particular set belonged to our old friend Peter who passed away last December and so we inherited it. It's not often I "dial out" using it but when I do, I relive the old times and when it rings... well, it rings like a proper phone should - not these silly tones and musical and film theme fanfares that blast you away when a cell phone gets a call - LOL - each to their own!

If no-one comes in for these tape boxes, Baker, you never know...

... you might end up with them all in your Christmas "Cracker" next year, pal!

M.D.Baker likes this.
  4. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE -

These have all gone now, folks.

A chap came round last week for them - a Spectrum addict who has recently interviewed Richard Turner from ARTIC COMPUTING fame (you may remember that I did a piece on this Hull company on A.S.)

If anyone is interested in me putting this up on the forum (there was zero interest other than Paul's replies - which Brenski deleted - btw, on A.S.) then I will.

Tim, you might want to delete this "dead" thread now?

M.D.Baker likes this.
  5. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Good old Martin, spiteful to the last...

There's no reason not to have that thread up in here, its perfectly on topic and interesting..

M.D.Baker and Andy Barr like this.
  6. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Cheers, Paul.

It's encouraging to know that some enjoy the drivel I trype, I mean type!