1. Not old. Vintage. :)

The Dragon Deal tended to be...Microdeal

Discussion in 'SIG: 8-Bit Software' started by Andy Barr, Dec 3, 2020.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    We've had 1-2 discussions this year on the Dragon 32 and its close links with the Tandy Co-Co fellow 6809 machines.

Here we see a vintage Microdeal advert and a little feature on the software company, hailing from Cornwall, which at one time seemed to have the Dragon UK market very much sewn-up in terms of being the no.1 manufacturer and duplicator of software for this "green" machine...

upload_2020-12-3_19-39-13.png [​IMG]

upload_2020-12-3_19-41-26.png
    upload_2020-12-3_19-42-41.png

Richie, I'm thinking you must have a decent back catalogue of (Microdeal) software - which titles in particular impressed you in terms of arcade realism or addictiveness / quality of graphics or sound? Also, do you have any which require the dongle that the article talks about in order to tackle software piracy?

nysavant likes this.
  2. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    The Microdeal adverts were always my favourites in Big K magazine back in the early 8bit days.

Do you think Cuthbert in the Jungle might have been a transatlantic cousin of Harry and his Pitfalls...?

Vyper68 and Andy Barr like this.
  3. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    You might be on to something there, Al.

Never bought that Big K but sometimes wonder about buying a back copy or 3 to see what I missed out on.

Cuthbert might also be the second cousin, twice removed, of Horace Goes Coviding too?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

nysavant likes this.
  4. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I'd highly recommend Big K. It was the first computer magazine I ever bought. Stil have the blank C15 tape that came with issue one! Considering it was a UK mag they covered the A8 quite well and had a few decent articles about it.

And you could be right about Horace.....

Andy Barr likes this.