1. Not old. Vintage. :)

The Mad Modder strikes again! This time the victum is...

Discussion in 'SIG: 8-Bit Hardware' started by M.D.Baker, Jan 11, 2022.

1. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    ...a PAL 7800! Previously, the Mad Modder has stuck strictly to North America, but now he has become an international criminal, victimizing and molesting vintage hardware wordl wide!

I blacked out and it happened again! I was merely printing up a replacement thumb stick for my 7800 pad, and a stand for my 7800 pro-controller. I decided to paint the thumstick red. Then why not the stand too? The next thing I know, I find myself waking up to the carnage I had caused! Was it a full moon again last night?

IMG_20220112_001251124.jpg IMG_20220112_001304655.jpg IMG_20220112_001618126.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  2. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    You animal Matt :D:D

ps quite like that controller stand, looks really neat.

Andy Barr likes this.
  3. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    What is this guy LIKE?!

Yeah, it's cool, Matt - once more the total thumbs up of approval and I am tempted...AGAIN... although I cannot dare go into debt again like a month or so ago so I WON'T be making a move on this little gem but by god your post stimulates the sad urgings inside my troubled skull to once more dip into the retro world of Atari...

...a UK PAL private sales Atari 7800 - boxed, working and with all controllers, leads, PSU and FIVE games for just £100!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd be NUTS not too, surely to god/Nolan Bushnell?

No, no, no, stop tempting me with your lush graphics and authentic arcade action with lots of original bundled games with the lovely box artwork and then we've Matt's modded painted red thumbsticks and provocative passionate red painted game stands etc etc etc...

It's all just TOO MUCH for this fevered Atarian - take all this TEMPTATION AWAY FROM ME!

ARGGHHHH...... switch off before it's all too...........

LAAAAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEE.............

(message ends with strange garbled mutterings)

M.D.Baker and nysavant like this.
  4. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Oh Andy, that's a great deal. I'd be just as tempted as you!

Andy Barr likes this.
  5. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Go for it! Right now is the perfect time, with a deal like that, and 2 different SD card loaders out so the games that come with it will be the only you have to buy, if you buy one of the SD card solutions! Home-brew for the 7800 is just coming into it's own as well, with lots of great releases and more to come, it's about where the Atari 8-bit was ten years ago in the growing development and user crowd. It should have a bright retro-future of development ahead. Especially with the Dragonfly SD card device which is also upgrades built-in and development tools for developers to make it easy to develop and go from PC programming to SD card and onto a real 7800 for testing. And all the classic games are getting hacked versions with graphic enhancements just like the 8-bits and 5200 now.

Andy Barr likes this.
  6. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    I shall be the voice of reason...

Out of debt and then straight back in, don't do it...

Or just ignore me and grab some gaming goodness..

M.D.Baker and Andy Barr like this.
  7. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Lads - I'm taking all your advice onboard and I'm still perplexed/confused.

I think though that the deal/ball-breaker is the item is near to Bev's folks in Sunderland... and I've just asked her if they'd be able to possibly pick it up in Geordieville.... and they can't as her dad is too poorly...

So fek it - Paul;s reasoning wins through.

I'm gonna have to leave it.

Richie's in the N.East though - if you want a trip through to The Toon, Rich and are interested in this little beauty, just drop me a PM or text, mate, for the full details.

Postcode of item: NE4 9PA

I'm out - sadly.

M.D.Baker likes this.
  8. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    I reckon you should get it Andy...

:)

Better still, flog the good ladies exercise bike, that pays for it and then a quick move to space is needed.

Why?

Because in space, no one can hear you scream :)

Andy Barr, M.D.Baker and nysavant like this.
  9. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Maybe load up the A7800 emulator on your PC for a fix that way Andy? That's what I tend to do at the moment.

Although I just got two of my favourite 7800 games on an everyone cartridge as well. Asteroids and Centipede. Would be perfect if Pole Position II and Galaga were in the next bundle :D

Andy Barr likes this.
  10. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    The metamorphosis continues to fruition! Yes, now I'm done...on the aesthetic side...I still have a mod or two left to do on the hardware...

20220114_153138.jpg 20220114_153214.jpg

nysavant and Andy Barr like this.
  11. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Looking sweet as in there with your modded 7800 kit, Matt.

Whereas in here, Paul's right - the place is a total, totalled heap.

upload_2022-1-15_0-24-2.png

upload_2022-1-15_0-24-55.png

THERE's NO ROOM - TOO MUCH EXERCISE BIKE IN THERE!

I just don't fancy my life chances much afterwards - even removed to space, far side of Pluto... ;-)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    nysavant and M.D.Baker like this.