1. Not old. Vintage. :)

UK Phone call scam warning..

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine, Jun 25, 2020.

1. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    0203 641 4657

If you are called by this number do not press one to hear the message, its a known scam and almost certainly links you to a high price tariff call.

Got this earlier and I always type unknowns in to Google and sure enough up came the reports..

2. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Timothy Kline Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    ________ ________

Been an increase in similar scam calls here, too. I use Google Voice in lieu of a landline or cell phone, and through my cell phone as my voice service, so I am able to mark a number as spam when it slips through Google Voice's spam filtering system.

One just came through today claiming I had already been charged $299 for some what-not, and to call them back if I have any questions. Huh? What?

Oh, and two PayPal attempts this past week, saying my account was charged such-and-so.

These were all new, much more finessed than anything I've ever seen before in all my years of spam.

I spam-binned them, calls and all, but (they) are getting savvy in their tactics, for sure.

--Tim

3. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    Sadly I can only comment on UK stuff but its bloody annoying universally that bastards attempt to scam innocents and usually the folk who are at the bottom level of income that this would destroy. We all have a level of common sense but its always targeted at the vulnerable.

Timothy Kline likes this.