1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Wednesday, 26 February 2020

Discussion in 'Atari Owners Club News and Reports' started by Timothy Kline, Feb 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Timothy Kline Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    Wow did a week fly by!!

Still working behind the scenes here, focusing on the blog portion of the site, and can finally say that the front-end is now set to public— although there remains much work to be done and some of the features may be too ambitious to keep; we'll see.

https://atari-owner.com (Or click the Home icon on the Club's menu)

In any case, I'll keep plugging away on it, keeping the content fresh and relevant, and begin drawing from the discussions here, as well.

One thought I had as I was working on the front-end is to ask what the collective [you] think about calling projects like Matt is carrying out with the Bally-Midway a "tear-down," even though I did sort of jump off with a "restoration" take on it. Same thing in Vyper's project, and so on. Thoughts?

For the remainder of this week, I need to catch up on the new posts— thank you to everyone who's stopping by the Club for a social! There's also some new materials I want to get up on the Club, too, so I'm looking forward to pausing on the front-end stuff from time to time to get that other matter dealt with. :)

In addition to the discussions, I'd like to make Atari Owners a reasonably decent collation of information involving primarily the Atari 6502 systems, but the Z80 as well as Commodore 6502 units. There is a tremendous amount of information available through big-name sites like Atari Age and Atari-Forum— but it's often strewn throughout pages of discussions and a last-resort Search function.

Why not filter out the noise, making the information relevant to 6502 and Z80 enthusiasts and owners, starting with Atari 8-bit information, which I have massive libraries of.

Between the Media Galleries, Resources, and Articles features the Club offers, things should shape up nicely on that front as a curated barrel of information and resources.

With appreciation,
    Tim
    An Atari Owner

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020