1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Welcome Crusade in Europe - alternate release

Discussion in 'SIG: Atari 8-Bit Software' started by Andy Barr, Aug 10, 2023.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Hi folks,

As you know, and like some of you, I very much enjoy collecting the "Big Boxes" of old Atari software and when I saw this on Feebay I thought... ay oop! I've got the blue one but not the orange one!

So, I now have CRUSADE IN EUROPE by Microprose in what looks like the UK and US releases, I would imagine:

upload_2023-8-10_20-18-1.png

As far as I know, the one I've just bought and arrived this week is the US one on the left as I've had the blue one on the right since the late 80s together with its sister titles: Decision in the Desert and Conflict Vietnam.

Just lurve the "stuff" you get with these absorbing and detailed war simulation games:

upload_2023-8-10_20-20-3.png

What you got recently, fellas, anything that came with a load of extra bumf too?

Attached Files:

AlexDrito likes this.
  2. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    I don't have many titles left, probably 3 at most, but my fave thing is the Expert cart for the C64. Not so much because of the cart, but because it's got all the advertising material from back in the day. Just having a peek at the material is a blast from the past. Will do a couple of pics another day. The other thing I still have is a cloth map from one of the Lord British games (I think), it's pristine and looks like it's just come out of the box a day after it was purchased. Sadly the box is not in good nick..

AlexDrito and Andy Barr like this.
  3. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    They sound great, Paul - the Expert cart promo/ad material from way back when and the cloth map from the Origin/Lord British Ultima titles - fantastic - stuff like that goes for mega bucks on Feebay but I know to you they're worth more in memories and so it is to us retronauts who still live with one foot in the 80s (in my case, my tendrils and tarsals are still there too together with me Walkman and Duran LPs).

Bring on the great Big Box and crucial micro classic memories - fetch em out, lads - don't be shy - you're among friends/fiends.

AlexDrito likes this.