1. Not old. Vintage. :)

What are you up to during lockdown?

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by Andy Barr, Mar 26, 2020.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Naturally, I'm looking for your retro dabblings but if you're doing some home D.I.Y. eg repainting the living room Sinclair black or maybe making the back garden/yard look a pleasing shade of Dragon green, then let us know and show and tell, peeps.

This week, Baz has mainly been faffing in the garden as Spring has definitely sprung in downtown 'Ull:

upload_2020-3-26_17-7-11.png
    ABOVE: 2 1/3 panels creosoted - only another 27 2/3rds to go - if I can be bothered to do both sides of the fence - on both sides of the garden.

upload_2020-3-26_17-9-27.png
    ABOVE: I've been planting hostas and various shrubs up with fresh compost and giving them all a good feed.

Anyone else looking to go mad in their garden this year?

Graham and Tharkanoid like this.
  2. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    I have not done a thing in the garden this year or last, mind you as I don't have a garden I'm allowed.

All I'm doing is loads of washing, not as easy as soap powder is pretty hard to get but got some pods and making sure we have loads of towels and clean clothes, bedding etc. Not played a single game..

More spring cleaning, I'd like to take the shit out from upstairs but I don't think I'm allowed to dispose of my neighbour that way.

Crying shame, she would look so good in a bin being emptied in to the bin lorry!

3. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    ROFL!!!

Nice method, mate.

Yeah, offer to do a little D.I.Y. on her obnoxious personality.

That'll improve her outlook no end.

Graham, Tharkanoid and M.D.Baker like this.
  4. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    LOL! My sister seems to have some gardening plans, I told her to have at it, I'll just mow the lawn. Too much other work around here for me. The weather is just starting to get warm enough for me to work on the metal roof of my house, patching and painting, so that's what I'm up to along with brake work on my mothers car. We have another rainy day here though, so another day I can't work outside. Maybe I'll be able to continue one of my electronic projects, we'll see how the day goes.

5. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Here's a good one for you...

My mate's a boat builder and since he's had to work from home .... (are you ready for it?)

...sails have gone through the roof!

Take it easy, people - smile and the (retro) world smiles with you.

Graham, Tharkanoid and M.D.Baker like this.
  6. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Groan, I'll get your coat...From 2M...

M.D.Baker likes this.
  7. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Just keeping this fine thread alive (bad word), sorry, fitter than Boris, ack done it again.....In good health..Oh bugger..

Just hoping oh good members will check in when they have time just so we all know that every one is ok. Sadly even going out is under threat which isn't great. Because of illness and depression I'm quite used to being inside for long periods so its actually not as bad for me but my daughter is going stir crazy but being that she's been raised to respect the law she feels awkward just going out in case she's "the bad person" which I keep telling her that she is entitled (at the moment) to some exercise as long as she keeps her and others safe. She knows this but still feels awkward. Its not like she can window browse the shops as all the shutters are down...

But we are all just trying to get on with it and at this second its just the noise of magpies, high up aircraft, other birds and a slight but lovely wind. Its nice and better still my neighbour seems to have lost her madness for the moment and is just doing normal house stuff..

How are you guys getting through all this, have you less strict rules about going out?

We still see families going out, as in 6 or 7 people in the fields running all over the place which is slightly unnerving as much as it should be normal. We also have people with dogs off lead which is a no no but still they do it.

Me, I'm just sat around, watched a good video Klyde pointed me to, can't wait for part two, thanks Klyde!!

I just wish I could get in the car and go to Marlow where I used to live and go up into the woods there, its really beautiful there but I respect the rules even if what is behind them may be multiple agendas.

Here's a couple of pics from 10 mins ago just outside the back of my property, you can see the Fields of Doom that don't look so deadly but trust me there's enough dog mess landmines to destroy every shoe in the area there. So lets us all know how it is, we are still together as virtual community and we can share our happy stories, any problems we have, let us know how you are coping and should the worst happen don't even think, call your emergency service that second, don't think it might be something normal, BE SAFE.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And there's no reward for spotting dead Polish people in the photo's, that just so normal around here..

ALo no reward for drug dealers.......They are so last week :)

Take care...

Paul and family..

PS, moving to Turkmenistan, apparently there's not a single case been reported there..

SO that means one of two things, there's no cases OR they are all already dead...Toss that coin..

8. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Nothing has changed for me in my home life, since we live in the middle of nowhere and were already, normally, self-isolating. Life just goes on as usual here, except trips to the store where you can't always find what you want these days. I'm off today in a few hours to pick my brother up from the airport. Quarantining is still voluntary here, but as I said, we are isolated anyway, so it's pretty automatic for us to self-quarantine. So I'm just doing the usual, working on vehicles, working on the house, and a million other this and that's that seem to be keeping me from my hobbies. I actually WISH all I could do is stay in my room and work on my hobbies for a few days, but there is too much work all at once right now. Thankfully I'll have my brother to help soon, so maybe we can get all this shite done and I can have time for my hobbies and building business clientele for the season (once the truck is fixed-I think it just needs a new ignition coil at this point which I have ordered).

Graham and Andy Barr like this.
  9. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Good luck to you Matt, enjoy the reunion...Here's hoping you get back to the happy asap..

Our best to you all.

Just back in from shopping, apart from the hugely disjointed queue that went out of the supermarket grounds it was fine. The queue proved the old adage about men not know the size of things, clearly no one in the queue knew what 6 inches looked like let alone 2M. There were so many people at a minimum of 10M if not more from each person, bit mad really as when you get in the supermarket everyone is almost falling over each other, its the one time when I really don't appreciate the people with mobile phones not looking where they are going, I mean, its only a deadly disease fest out there.

The good thing, oh yes there was a good thing was that they had stuff in stock, hell I even got a big bottle of Dettol but of course the grab mentality was still there. The other thing I noticed was people waving NHS badges to get in past the lines which is fair IF they are real but one lady had a pretty awful photoshopped photocopy and the person's picture deffo was not them. As per norm the fraud set move in on another con, but what does it get them, in the shop quicker...Jebus hell.

Lazy rude bastardo's...

The roads, that's a good thing, bloody CLEAR, no traffic jams, free flowing and a pleasure to be on, I don't remember the last time I could say that (ok, back in the early 80's...).

Seems Bojo's mojo is on the mend, what a git, I'm going to lose a wager now!!

Can't the man do anything right!

Seriously, I wish him well, that could be me so lets see people pull through..

I wonder if Oric's can catch this thing, I'll start making the mini coffins for you lot...

And lastly, a mini hate, rubber gloves and a mobile phone that has a finger print sensor, bloody annoying. The sodding gloves I have are too small so it takes ages to get the sods on and as I can't find baby powder to put in them they stick like sh*t to a blanket. Then when you finally get them on your daughter (bless her heart) text's you to get her something from the shop. Now because the phone has gone in to lockdown I have to take the bloody glove off one had to give it the finger print and because of the rubber you can't get it go to the alternative pin number entry because its not picking up the touch..Grrrr

Then the rubber glove got tangled to my glasses and I'm starting to swear, all this while in the line waiting to go in, woman behind me moved back because I was sweating from the annoyance :)

Oh, new thing around here just reported in the local news website, youngsters have been seen on CCTV spitting on cars door handles, as with all thick trends expect it to hit your area if its not there already.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  10. by Klyde
    Klyde

Klyde Galley Slave

Blog Posts:
    I am refitting our professional website theses days (my wife and I are freelance teachers in computer technology as you probably know) who was seriously in need of a renewal.

We also need to refresh our bathroom (changing lights and the bath tube) but since the stores are closed here, I guess it will be for a later stage...

In France, like in Italy the lockdown is severe, we are forced to stay home and allowed to go outside only for "good" reasons, we have to fill and print a form with the date and time, every time we go somewhere, and we can only go to work, for those who can't do online working, for food and medicine shopping, go to the doctor, and go for a walk or sport activity alone, and only one hour max and less than 1 kilometer (0.6 miles) from home. In case of infringement, you are fined the first time, and can be led to prison if you are caught several times outside.

Pictures of Paris empty here:
    https://www.lebonbon.fr/paris/news/coronavirus-images-paris-vide/

But since we are French, we consider that laws are made to be broken, that's why a lot of my countrymen are caught outside without good reasons, (more than 400,000 fines were given since march 17). And due to the empty roads, we hear every day people being caught and arrested because they drove at more than 125 MPH (200 KMH) instead of 80 MPH max on the French motorways/highways!...

I was sick 10 days ago with light symptoms, as my wife was last week, probably infected by COVID-19. But we are ok now.

Stay safe!

11. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Enjoying the updates from Mac and Matt there - AND Manu who updated moments before me - all you guys are doing all you can to keep on "keeping on" and it's great to see.
    Now some will think I have become 'unhinged' with my latest move, but it's time to remove doors here at the Baz Biome so we've gone from this:

upload_2020-4-7_15-41-29.png

To this:

upload_2020-4-7_15-42-25.png

in order to accommodate the working from home 'office', well, cubby hole under the stairs really - that needs decorating so there's another clue what's coming up soon...

upload_2020-4-7_15-45-9.png

But never fear...

The Baz Cave continues unabashed (well, bashed about a bit)...

upload_2020-4-7_15-46-5.png

Anyone else having to relocate their bits n bobs??? (Oooer, missus)

Graham likes this.
  12. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Does that door on the floor mean that you now have a cellar?

I did rejig my cupboards behind me, unlike normal people who have clothes in them I have computer parts in huge clear boxes..

Blooming knackered from doing it.

The damn hard drives weigh a ton...

So apart from our shopping trip that I edited in above its just a quiet day, ack, bloody hands stink of latex.....

I'm orf to wash them...

13. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    You're nearly there with that acute observation, Paul.

Do you remember the leaflets they used to produce for that PROTECT AND SURVIVE campaign when WW III was knocking on everyone's door (excuse the pun) at the height of the Cold War?

I'm sure they recommended placing a door at 45 degrees in order to crawl under and use it as cover against a NUKE - like it's gonna deflect the blast, right?!

upload_2020-4-7_22-35-9.png

Well my plan is similar - if Corona comes knocking on our door, we will just crawl under this particular one...

(and here's the clever bit)...

...and not answer it!

Sheer genius - It's a winner.

What's all that about latex, Paul, you aren't getting all kinky down the shops are you?

Graham likes this.
  14. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    That's a fool proof plan you have there sir, don't forget to spray "Keep Out" on the doors so the COVID19 knows its place.

As for the latex, what is it they say, "If you have got it, flaunt it", wells there's my problem, I don't know who "they" are or what "it" is so I can't begin to flaunt it. I'm so un-cool with the kids I guess I'd be called a square (back in the 60's). The nearest I get to a bdsm suit is walking past the gay bar in Hammersmith (they have / used to have teddies in full YMCA gear). And yes I have been in there, Peter my initial deputy manager took us all for a "pint" to there, "pint" could have had other meanings in there and how you consumed it. I sat there and asked Peter if he knew it was a gay bar and he looked at me with utter innocence and said "is it". So we sat there, had a few drinks and 'buggered' off (fnnarr).

Thankfully no shopping for a few days, got what we needed but with Paris shutting down outside exercising during the day I really should use shopping just to move a bit before we do the same.

Argh, dunno what it was that I ate last night but I've developed a very strong southernly wind with a fair bit of spice to it, perhaps I will go shopping after all just so the people can experience the smell of something dead / rotting first hand :)

Those masks won't stop this bad boy...

I think the isolation may be driving me insane / more insane... :)

15. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Not gone anywhere yet, spent the afternoon helping the local Police force catch the bad guys ie our local drug dealers, got an email back saying they had picked up one guy with a huge knife thanks to the help and accidentally bumped in to them (the squad) when I went to the local corner shop to get leccy, nods were exchanged but only that.

Will nip out in a min to get anything we need, I leave it late to avoid queues and the loons...

16. by Vulcanman
    Vulcanman

Vulcanman Galley Slave

Blog Posts:
    I've got plenty to keep me going, On line training with my Tae Kwon Do club. Music practice(you suddenly realise you aren't quite up to speed with things). Atari related repairs.

I also got the letter from the NHS saying I need to self isolate for 3 months, I think I'm going to be a nutcase at the end of this. Anyone got a big bag of hazlenuts? LOL

17. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    There's sommit pretty dodgy about all this...Army getting involved, Nightingale hospitals with no one in, not seen one person who even looks sick outside yet apparently its rife???

18. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    I agree with you, Mac, I sniff a rat but there you go - some would say these are "prudent precautionary measures" but the sheer scale (cost?) of all these set-ups - without any sign of the huge queues of patients to fill them - does make you wonder.

Have you heard the latest conspiracy theory about the origin of this virus? Chinese, naturally at the centre of it, created the bloody thing to "dampen down" the unrest in Hong Kong... I ask you.

They should have just handed it back to us!

Lol... The Empire Strikes Back and all that.

Good to hear from Andy (Vulcanman) there waggling his wings as he flies in from A.S. which is no more, we hear, as of today after Brenski decided to mothball the site.

4 and a half years aint a bad innings and it's just sad the way it's turned out after all the excellent stuff that did go on there and the fab info 'library' that all you guys helped to contribute towards.

Graham likes this.
  19. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I've heard a great many of the conspiracy things and many sound plausible until you get the lunatic element. David Icke is king of the theories at the mo but as interesting as some some its when he says the root of all this is in the Reptilian part of the brain.

I'm more a science and logic based person, and for me certain things don't add up, the Virus simulation ran mere weeks before the actual thing happened. The fact that there is indeed a set of labs in China working on these viruses which are being funded by the US who itself is working on this stuff. I mean, if you are going to have a virus lets make sure you can militarize it as well. Most of these so called Nightingale places are empty except for some military staff and most don't have the tools to treat anyone with anything other than a headache..The worst one I've seen was just rows of recliner chairs with drips beside them.

From what I can tell there's more deaths in the lockdown places than the free states and if the numbers are to be believed they seem to pretty much match previous years where all deaths were underlying symptoms, old age and road accidents etc..

I've also read from what I can tell are genuine science people at the top of their game that this COVID 19 equates to a resident set of cells that are in the body to fight any infections, stress etc etc so will be found in almost every one.

There is also data saying that places where they don't lockdown and isolate are doing better than places that are on lockdown and social isolation which begs the question of why this is going on but when you see the military being rolled out in a proper hands on way ie not humping sand bags in flooded places but getting directly involved with testing and taking control then I start to worry. For me the next step I see happening is an event that allows them to impose curfews.

And lastly, I've been seeing the push to only use credit / debit cards when you shop, self service area's totally card only. Sure you could say that its possible to transfer a virus by the swapping of money but we also know that the wish is to do away with real money and just go digital because it makes it easier to keep track and verify sales while it also allows the tracking of people and social modification of sales habits as seen with tracking apps / cookies etc on Web purchases enabling targeted advertising.

All very strange...I just find it very odd that there's apparently a big push to stop people going out yet the local Police ride through our fields every day which are packed with people clearly just out to be out sunbathing etc and yet I've not seen them once go to any of these people and ask them to go home. Perhaps the notion is to allow loads of people about and then show pictures of full parks as a reason to enforce a more full lockdown.

20. by Timothy Kline
    Timothy Kline

Timothy Kline Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Articles:
    I'm late to this party, but I've been working on a few things in light of the current social and economic stuff that has everyone locked down.

None of it is Atari-related, I'm ashamed to say (although that reminds me... separate post...) but here goes:

I just finished streaming through Twitch.tv my second playthrough of Quantum Break.

I also have been having laughs with Twitch Sings! although there are MANY talented people on there!

I'm preparing to begin streaming a playthrough of Star Wars: The Old Republic next, and as part of that I am working out the quirks and bugs of my game host who I will be using for the stream. Here is a sampling that I did for my granddaughter, whom I begin homeschooling tomorrow morning, in fact.

And in OTHER news, my Uncle Richard was treated to an appearance on a television show called Eating History.

Oh, and I've been corresponding, as I'd fallen behind on my emails.

Whew! I think that about covered it. LOL!

--Tim

Graham likes this.
  21. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    How is everyone?

My neighbours are still arses but a little quieter at the moment, sadly the in laws are much worse..

As I sit here with my fat cat in the window all I can hear is some pillock speaking as loud as he can in Urdu, totally ruining the peace and quiet, not only is he loud but its like a machine gun the speed he's getting words out. The same man has a habit of spitting off the balcony which means he got a warning from me about his dirty habit. He's from a flat above my already idiot neighbours, lucky me...

Apart from that life carries on, off to Bob's funeral on Tuesday, hoping that I don't get stopped for what might be seen as a non essential journey (160 mile round trip). Seeing more people out and about, went to my hospital yesterday to pick up some meds and it was deserted.

Can't really enjoy the sun as they keep cutting the grass on the fields which plays havoc with our hayfever, so we get sweats, runny noses and streaming eyes, the sec someone see's you they look at you like you are death so we got fed up of explaining and the looks. Did get some masks, very cheaply made and you start gasping for air after a while because they are so thick but some shops around here won't let you in without one. I take it off while I drive as it steams my glasses up everytime I breathe.

So how is everyone else, bored stupid?

Graham likes this.
  22. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Hi, Mac.

Yeah, it's been quiet of late and I've just been pottering and looking after Bev who is slowly but surely now turning around the virus' worst effects on her - the cold and fever have now lifted and I've got her on the sunlounger out in the garden.

It's mainly blissful here apart from an idiot neighbour 2 doors away who might as well be sat on our sunlounger as he ANNOUNCES EVERYTHING HE IS DOING/GOING TO DO at the TOP of his VOICE to his son and wife. What a complete cunt. You can tell he's a teacher cos by god does he lurve the sound of his VOICE which BOOMS OUT across the neighbourhood. Every now and again we get sick of the twat and either turn our radio up or shout out SHUT UP which sometimes works and you hear his wife asking him to turn his idiot volume down.

Mate, all I can say is there's one born every minute and fortunately idiots like your Urdu machine gunner gob do their utmost to feck the rest of us off but just keep your cool and hopefully someone else will fill him in and pour his spittle juice back down his gullet.

Knack all retro going on this end, fellas. It's just sun, sun, sun and some furtling around in the garden tying this back, planting this, weeding that and generally soaking up the rays and ensuring Bev gets everything she needs to recuperate.

I'm insisting on no rush back to work for her either as she gives it 200% down there at the hossie and right now she aint even 70% so would just immediately be ill once more as this thing knocks the shit out of you.

Take care all and hope to catch up in the near future with a natter - hope you're all well, surviving and let's see what Bojo the Clown has for us all tomorrow... nowt much if the media reports are to be believed but get this - when word got around last week that lockdown restrictions might soon be gradually easing EIGHTY people were seen crowding on a Hull bus travelling into town from one of the estates.

I kid ye not.

How's that for social distancing??!!

Graham likes this.
  23. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I think people will be in for a shock at just how little difference they will get, more exercise time and the odd shop now allowed to open ie garden centres. Actually I believe its going to get tougher, and the scallies running about will be the cause of it, if the government want to control us more then letting the scallies have a run about is a perfect way to say no one is taking notice and shut us down moere.

Sadly I see riots if something isn't lifted soon...

Anyway, just did something I have not done for ages, had a bloody long old walk and I mean a looooong walk. Knee's have stood up surprisingly and it was just a pleasure to get out and do sommit worthwhile.

I also need to lose a few tons as the jeans I just got for the funeral are one size smaller than my norm so a little tight (not one pair my size in asda). A few days walking should do that. I'll end up flat on my back at some point as the knee's will give in but just pleased they worked today..Lovely day as well.

Have fun...

24. by Graham
    Graham

Graham Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Well seems I've been a bit busy'r that I thought, mainly sorting out prescriptions, doset boxes, re-locating Atari and electronic stuff, finding the safe place I 'HID' Andy's Oric Microdrive, as I did eventually recieve a little package from the USA, more on that soon. (Oh and I was being so careful I'd wrapped it up in a white cover inside a nice plastic box.hence looking for a red and black thing and missing it ..)

Putting in a short piece of fencing, mixing concreat, (and was a right Laugh --NOT) getting hold of the stuff.
    Hmm Oh bought and Atari 800, from Southern Ireland not arrived yet, same for a PokeyMAX, from Poland
    Fixed the door mirror on my car as some nice person tore the mirror off and did a dissappering act. I guess they must have realised how much Audi spares cost .. I did a double take when the parts list hit just under £1300, the bloody mirror glass was £387 all by itself ... Thank goodness for EBay
    Just to cap it all I've not driven it for 6-7 weeks maybe a little longer. So ended up with a new battery (well I should have put in ages ago, as I bought one about 18 months ago, had to replace a tyre :( Really strange that it was a bit low, pumped it up and air just pissed out, seems the inside sidewall had split, not what you want on a car that is speed limited to 104MPH more than the national speed limit. wouldn't mind all the tyres replaced only 18 months ago.
    Nice to hear what peeps have been upto ..
    Stay safe whatever that means nowdays

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    Timothy Kline likes this.
  25. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Eeeh, Graham.

Lovely to hear from you and get those updates on your retro and lockdown life.

When you text me last night you also mentioned the groups of idiots still flouting social distancing rules at that park near you (Lea Valley) and I've just read this headline in my Manchester sport feed:
    Police find 40 people - including children - at house party...guests started fighting, refused to leave and then spat at officers
    and I know Paul (and the rest of the guys on here) have also noted and read about a dozen more examples of idiots hellbent on showing just how stupid they truly are. What can we say or do? They'll always be like this as they've never given a damn about society/their neighbours or the rest of the world - they are the dregs of humankind and really should be taken out by police snipers, laser-wielding hyperdyne system bots (or members on here who are a good shot!)

As both you and Paul say, not a lot's changed with Boris' announcements last night and we're all in it, it would appear, for the long haul until we finally, gradually and safely drag ourselves along this so-called "road map" out of lockdown.

Glad to hear you've kept out of mischief, Graham, with lots of DIY and fixing and purchasing - the Atari 800 from southern Ireland sounds intriguing - nice acquisition - and I'm sorry to hear that your motor has been targeted by twats who just can't resist passing someone else's property and feeling that they must somehow "have a go" cos they feel that they can and no bugger's gonna do anything to stop em... what a breed of lowlife we've managed to let thrive in this country of ours. Again, the mind boggles what good they think will come of this.

Hope you get that tyre sorted too - we had a spate, a few years back, of some sinister swine putting nails and screws in our car tyres and it's potentially lethal. As you say, when fully operational, tyres should be good for safe road handling around 100mph but what chance a blow-out caused by a tampered tyre for you and your nearest and dearest as your car veers out of control, hits the central reservation (if there is one) and...

This happened to a mate of mine and it was a miracle he survived when his car suffered a blow-out. Again, mindless cretins putting people's lives in dire peril. I just hope in Karma and that bad things will catch up with them too.

Hey, on the subject of health, Bev is a lot, lot better (nearly there now with her cold and fever symptoms during COVID) and so it was just left to me... to fall down the bloody stairs yesterday morning, to cap our miserable month of medical mishaps etc.

The stupidest thing imaginable (yep, take a bow Baz), I had just got out of bed with a couple of half empty mugs of tea in my mitts, a glass and a mobile phone...wasn't looking properly where I was going, began to negotiate the 1st small flight of steps before the main stair case and my socked foot slipped on the edge of the step, I came crashing down to earth not bothering to break or control my fall as I had all these objects in me paws, smash, bang, wallop - I was winded, shocked and stunned. I was laid there moaning for about a minute before Bev came racing up from the kitchen to find out what kind of calamity I'd caused... lads, yesterday was painful and awkward moving about the house/garden but I've had the most excruciating and shocking night in pain actually trying to sleep and am loaded up with Ibuprofen painkillers, ice pack and been told to rest by my GP as I'm still technically in isolation and so can't go to A&E for an x-ray as yet.

I've had another one of those snapshots of how it's going to be when I'm old and shafted.

What an idiot - please, please, please, go steady in/out there.

Such a little thing, but the difference it makes can be huge.

PS. Thanks again very much, for looking at the Oric microdisk PSU - please let me know how much the P&P is for the return journey - no rush, fella.