1. Not old. Vintage. :)

What's new Pussycat too?

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by M.D.Baker, May 4, 2020.

1. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Rush should be an exception, if only because they are virtuoso's that never miss a beat or transition and unlike every other rock band, sound better live (now we are limited to "live" recordings with Neil's death of course) than on studio recordings! I love them because they are the fullest sounding 3-man band that ever was, since they play multiple instruments and sing and chew gum all at the same time, and Neil, with all the lyrics on top of playing the largest drum set in the history of drums!

2. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    One of my best buys of the last couple of years peripherals wise was the SID-FX board. It’s fitted in my C128 and currently have two 6581 SID’s fitted. You can mix between 6581’s and 8580’s and the board auto adjusts the voltages. The Game of Thrones theme tune in stereo is quite impressive. The ARMSID is an excellent replacement for the SID much like the POKEYMAX. All these projects are suffering from chip shortages.
    I also forgot I bought a Raspberry Pi Pico W last week as well for my microcontroller MicroPython practice.

M.D.Baker likes this.
  3. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I have an Eligoo Adruino board and Eligoo touch-screen I bought several years ago with the intension of making an SDrive Max to send along with my 800XL to a friend. I already made one for myself. But with all the loading solutions I have for my 800CX and 1200XL (Fujinet (soon x2) SD, MyIDE II CF, Incognito CF, The Cart!, SIO2PC&APE, Turbo Freezer) I never used my SDrive Max, so it went with the 800XL to my friend.

I need to use them for some project. Right now I figure I'd use the Arduino for my robot in some way; an 800 mobo and 1200XL mobo dual-brain robot with Fujinet wi-fi&BT to communicate as well as dual-PIA's I can use a port or two (8 controller ports on the 800, 6 on the 1200XL) for LAN communication within the robot too. And of course the 800 mobo will have Incognito and CF drive and Fujinet SD, the 1200XL Fujinet SD and U1MB/SIDE 3. So no need for SDrive Max in the robot either...SDrive Max just became obsolete and redundant to me before I even used it once!

4. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    This week I got a wall mounted monitor swivel stand. The two initial reasons where for more desktop real-estate and to position my monitor vertically for Rastaconverter image creation on my PC and of course for viewing on my 800CX for horizontally oriented images.

61h04spXfsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 20220724_071149.jpg 20220724_071329.jpg

Vyper68 and nysavant like this.
  5. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Nice mount Matt, like the portrait/horizontal option.

Nothing new here, in fact I've actually sold off a couple of machines and am probably down to the smallest collection that I've had in a long time. Decided that PC emulation will do for the majority of systems as I only tend to play a couple of titles on most of them. Let's call it "curated" now lol.

M.D.Baker likes this.
  6. by M.D.Baker
    M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    On a birthday related note, I found a couple more Rush albums at good prices, hopefully the last one will arrive by the 12th of August, but one arrived already (Clockwork Angels). One used in great shape and one new, just like the first two albums.

515QhUejhCL.jpg 71-FsE+DtXL._SL1425_.jpg

Though I already have 3 of the 4 Rush albums in-hand, I have not listened to any of them yet. I'm saving them for a personal birthday "concert."

nysavant likes this.