1. Not old. Vintage. :)

What's new Pussycat too?

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by M.D.Baker, May 4, 2020.

1. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I'll probably be down in the next week or so, will take a few photos and send them to you Andy, no problem.

Andy Barr likes this.
  2. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Cheers, Al.
    Many thanks in advance.

nysavant likes this.
  3. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Keeping in the 8-bit sphere I’ve just picked up a Sega Master System and a couple of games ( Psycho Fox and Hang-On )
    Nice little system on first impressions.

Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  4. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Nice. Always had a soft spot for the Master System. Hang On is pretty good and I can also recommend Enduro Racer. Is it the MK1 or MK2 console you got?

Vyper68 and Andy Barr like this.
  5. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I picked the MK1 model with the RGB output that is the same as the MK1 Megadrive ( I want one of those as well eventually ) looks great on my SCART->HDMI upscaler. I have a 600 in 1 Everdrive Cart for it on it's way so I'll have every game released for the SMS on one Cart.

Andy Barr likes this.
  6. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    What upscaler do you have Richie?

7. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    It just says HD Video Converter. A small little black box. It cost around £26 off Aliexpress. Ian Priddey’s RGB SCART cables sales and website has pictures of the one I use.

nysavant and Andy Barr like this.
  8. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    Ta Richie, had forgotten I'd asked..Will have a look..Ta for the info...

Found it for 16 quid on ali...Well looks like the unbranded one on his page.

I have a 25 quid Paypal voucher but I bet it's like coupons in Supermarkets, if you only use some of the value you lose the rest?

9. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    My visit to the North West Computer Museum a couple of weeks and its collection of 80/90's beige PC's with chunky IBM keyboards and mice made me yearn a bit for the old days.... so a couple of weeks later and I have added a couple of new bits to my PC at home.

keyboard.JPG

The keyboard is from Periboard, one I've had my eye on for a while and heard good reports about. As well as nailing the aesthetic it has a good clicky sounding key action. Mouse is from a brand you may or may not know, Cherry. It's fully optical but also old school enough that it comes with a usb to ps/2 adaptor :)

Also on the way but not quite here yet are a set of Creative speakers to finish the look. What do you guys think?

My lovely Trust Mechanical gaming keyboard and mouse are sitting spare at the moment but will make a great swap-in for when I feel like a change agaiin.

Andy Barr likes this.
  10. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, that little set-up has got Old School writ large all ovver it, Al - nice work, fella!
    Yes, Cherry are well known for their keyboards but never heard of a Cherry mouse before but one had to come along some time soon :)

TRUST you to nail both, mate.

Well done.

Show us the full kaboodle, when yer ready, Al - like you, I love the old solid and clicky key sound feedback - when keyboards where PROPER keyboards (and blokes knew where they were and the gals were glad of it!!).

Eeeeh, I'll just dig mesen a deeper hole before I get me coat and sod off owt of it!

[​IMG]

I'm thinking of summat like this for Al's PC workstation, resplendent running Win 3.1 with a good ol clunky CRT too - if not, I'll be seriously disappointed :)

nysavant likes this.
  11. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I was thinking of maybe something like that Andy. Got an old 14" CRT svga monitor in storage so all I'd need is a beige tower and I would be in clover. What I'd really like though is a proper old style IBM PC XT base unit and montior. They go for silly money nowadays though. I suppose the PC usually sits out of the way though so not as important maybe as the contact points of keyboard and mouse.

Right, I'm off to download a copy of Dosbox and Wolfenstein.....

Andy Barr likes this.
  12. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Go for it, Al - Gertcha!