1. Not old. Vintage. :)

ZX Spectrum Games

Discussion in 'SIG: 8-Bit Software' started by Vyper68, Apr 21, 2020.

1. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    New release called Vampire Vengeance...

Andy Barr likes this.
  2. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Godkiller 2 Exile

Andy Barr likes this.
  3. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Black and White ...

Andy Barr likes this.
  4. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Dirty Dozer...
    I have a vested, interest in this as I test the games for BitMapSoft and this one I worked on.

5. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    Nice to see the old machines get some love, well done Richie..

And in honour of me old mate, here's a joke he liked..

Thieves have made off with all the motorway signs in Yorkshire.

Police are currently looking for Leeds.

Andy Barr and Vyper68 like this.
  6. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    QUALITY Speccy titles there, Richie - I never thought I'd hear mesen saying this but the old colour-clash, beeping sound box of a comp is now showing TRUE arcade quality in virtually all departments - it's really amazing to think how far games and coding development has come for humble 8bits like the Speccy.

Congratulations on your play testing and involvement too, mate (ie. Dirty Dozer) - My fave? Well, I really liked that Black and White title as when it gets going, it's a pure razzle dazzle rainbow splash of quality colour onscreen - a real gem!

Paul, mate, what can I say about your jokes that hasn't already been said in court??!!
    As that one was dedicated to Bob (being one of his faves) I will retell it to Bev and recycle it this Friday when a few of us lads locally get together online to raise each others' morale with some classic blast from the past jokes from over the years!!

Vyper68 likes this.
  7. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Yeah Andy, I have finally achieved my life’s ambition and got involved in the games industry :)

I am currently working on a couple of C64 games Paul which is fun. So keep an eye on the new releases on the BitMapSoft website if you are interested.
    We have worked on one Amstrad game but the main formats have been Speccy and C64. I have floated the idea of Atari games but nothing so far.

8. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Morning, Richie - another glorious one (in the Marine Corps!).

Brilliant - you've achieved ALL OF OUR lifetime ambitions, mate and got your name in the bright lights as a software industry dude who's involved in various areas there - well in, fella.

Don't forget when they interview you for ZZap64 and Crash, to remember us in passing as you leap into your Aston Martin and take off for the Bahamas as Black and White goes triple platinum!

We all wish, eh, mate, but joking apart, that's great news and well done as the guys at BitMapSoft clearly appreciate your input and knowledge/experience of the scene.

Keep it up and enjoy your day, fellas - absolutely pouring down with sunshine out there - how often do we usually say that? Grab it with both hands and then report back here later with yer retro musings, retronauts!

Vyper68 likes this.
  9. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Well done Richie...

Its a lovely feeling but sadly there's little or no money to be had now :)

Hell there wasn't any money made by me back then :)

But all joking aside, its nice to be appreciated and get involved in the creation of something..Well done..

Also, I got a little packet today, its all in Polish but looks suspiciously like conductive paint....Lemme know how much I owe you..THANK YOU..

10. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    It’s the same stuff as I have Paul, I wasn’t able to get to the post office and so I used Amazon. There is no charge it’s a gift for a friend :)

Andy Barr likes this.
  11. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Sir, you are a god...Just using it now...

I see a parcel coming your way in the future :)

Andy Barr likes this.
  12. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    That's great to hear, fellas.

LIke you say Paul, there's bugger all fame and fortune these days - we're just in it for the love of it, discovering and promoting the new stuff and fond memories of our bygone yesteryears, but as it still does us the world of good - and we're not harming anyone - then more power to our retro-elbows, eh?

That's great, Richie - you making Paul's day with that paint... now don't get it all over the cat or carpet etc, fella!

Vyper68 likes this.
  13. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I just found out that my art skills are now marred by arthritis..I tried to do a straight line and it was pished as hell.

And its the one thing I am qualified in, blooming art..well that and Computer use and support and a few other more complicated NVQ's to do with computers.

Just letting it dry for the 2nd and 3rd coats...

Can't stop blooming sneezing, they have just cut the grass on the fields, bloody pollen everywhere, too warm to shut the windows, too pretty not to look out at with just one other issue, the cutter has also churned up all the dog shit on the fields and there's enough land mines on there to sink a battle ship, so there a distinct stink of shit and a load of blue bottles trying to get in..

14. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    You are very good a painting a nasal landscape Paul :drool:

Andy Barr likes this.
  15. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Yep, I can smell that "manure" from here, Paul!

I'm a hayfever sufferer (shush, hasn't started yet for me), so my thoughts and runny nose are with you.

16. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Not good news with the keyboard repair, seems there's other parts gone, I'm going to take my 65XE apart and try its kb in it (the 65XE is the same PCB etc simply with less ram on board.

There's a possibility of it being a few components from checking around but I hope its not the Pokey as they are tougher / more expensive than the CMOS 4051's and LS chips...

Still, it will give me something to do over this bloody 6 more months inside..

Sommit shady about all this, if I see stuff about removing ordinary money from use then that will be the signal.

Also spotted a bloke in what looked like Army fatigues on the briefing but I didn't have the time to watch it...Never good when you see them in the mix....Stinks of a possible curfew coming...

17. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Well, its the membrane, 65XE k/b works perfectly, have reinspected the membrane and there's a million and one tracks in bits, basically it would cost more in paint than getting a new one. So that's on the back burner until our inheritance from Bob comes. Its not like its super important as I have the XE and 2 880XL's.

Could do with blooming inheritance tho.....Super tight here...

Edited to re thank Richie, it sort of looked like I was a bit ungrateful which could not be further from the truth..I respect every once of help and advice..

Andy Barr likes this.
  18. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Ack, bloody keyboard I have is the non spring version, you can mod a spring based keyboard but not the other way around...

Tis getting silly :)

19. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    That’s a shame Paul, but sometimes you have to be pragmatic about these things. There is a guy on eBay from Germany selling new membranes for €23 so when you have some funds it will be worth a look. I did not see you as being ungrateful either mate so don’t fret about it.

Andy Barr likes this.
  20. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Hi Paul,
    I have an old working dual layer Mylar in my stash do you want?
    I will need to check it out first ...

Andy Barr likes this.
  21. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Sadly spring versions only..So annoying as if you have the spring keyboard you can mod it with M3 washers if you get the wrong membrane but not the other way around..

Just asking around AA if there's my version anywhere..As said, no rush involved but would be niceto fix it properly later on.

Cheers Richie..

Oh, just saw a new reply..If its for the 130 / 65 then I'd really appreciate you holding on to it until some wonga pops my way (next week)...

You sir are a life saver...

Andy Barr likes this.
  22. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Is this the right one Paul?

[​IMG]

Andy Barr likes this.
  23. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Looks spot on to me.....Wahey...Yep, Serial number / ID is a match...

Andy Barr likes this.
  24. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Jobs a good’un then mate.

Andy Barr likes this.