1. Not old. Vintage. :)

ATARI OWNER VIDEO LINK - NEW YEAR 2021

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by Andy Barr, Dec 30, 2020.

1. by Vulcanman
    Vulcanman

Vulcanman Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    A lovely video of XH558. I still remember getting stick from the wife, because of all the noise I made exercising the engines while our youngest had been put in the pram for a sleep in the back garden. Only 300 hundred yards from the Vulcan. Well worth getting my ear bent.

Regards

Andy

Graham and Andy Barr like this.
  2. by Graham
    Graham

Graham Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    The Adult one above ... Big F . Off Kite then ?

I did wonder if actually being on the call may have helped you Paul, but it's nice you got to spend some good time with Serena & Cindy before Serena heads back to Uni ..
    Lets just hope things calm down enough for you to be able to enjoy in the future. !!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    nysavant and Andy Barr like this.
  3. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    PLus, we do need all the extra sex appeal we can muster on our channel, Graham.

I was going to go topless after 1hr 30 mins but I would have just made a right (and left) tit of myself...

Nuff said.

I'll get me coat then.

Graham likes this.
  4. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Captain

Blog Posts:
    Yes, big old Kite, got some footage of it today, seems like it likes here...Hope it does not fancy my chonker of a cat (Folox, the fat git would be too heavy for it).

Because of my own MH issues I get very wound up when baited like that, when it happens I go in to the bedroom and sit by myself. I'd have been like a fart in a space suit in a chat. Been better today but shes coughing so much I expect her throat to start bleeding soon and of course her old man is out delivering take away food with not a care about the people he could be infecting. He got to have it with the amount of uncovered coughing going on. Come on, you didn't expect her to cover her mouth did you? :)

Actually had a bit of luck for once, a. Serena is spending another night here which is great and b. I managed to reverse very lightly in to a car (very unusual for me) and jumped out to see his damage which was minute but being decent I said swap details but the second I said that he went "no no, no details, just forget" so clearly was driving illegally...Phew...For once I was glad to see someone doing that...

5. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    LOL! Nice one, Paul.

2 bits of luck for once - get out of jail card with the bump - sounds like he was the one to hit if he was that nervous about being in touch with "the authorities" and of course a bonus extra night with your Serena.
    Is there no way you can delay her return to Uni so that you can share her birthday together as a family?
    Just tell Uni you have some important social distancing equipment to fit to the flat upstairs who appear to flout all the rules so you guys are doing everyone else a favour (this will be a sealed lead unit that they can't escape or be heard from) and tell them that Serena is needed to operate Graham's remote droid that is doing all the fitments. Furthermore, it could take a bit of time to ensure that the frickin freaks within are properly incarcerated...?

Just a thought.

Else, keep that Motorhead album and your stereo (turned up to 20) on standby, mate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Get Graham to lend you his "fix Chernobyl-style disasters with my robot droid BBC buggy" project.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Graham likes this.
  6. by Graham
    Graham

Graham Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Oh Dear I'll go edit my post to spell Serena's name correctly so sorry Paul I should have checked properly.
    Edit: Done Sorry Fella
    I'll echo Andy's comments ...
    Mind you I didn't realise the Andy had spotted by Radio Controlled Rat Rod ... well camper Van really ...
    thought it was out of shot.. it's been in retirement after I got it back from Russia only recently got it out of it's lead lined case to see if the RAM chips had suffered from the extream Gamma Ray radiation.. It seems fine, just I'm feeling a little queezy ... hopefully not radiation sickness but my geiger counter is bust so I can't check the levels.

I've spent most of the day working on Brenski's 800XL and had a chat with him about it, It's currently stable , but I'll be exchanging some of the original sockets for precision turned pin items as the originals are a little 'loose'
    I also fitted a sophia an original DVI Model C not the 2nd version. using it in Omniview, I was astounded by the video quality, so much better than even a UAV which is also fitted.
    I've shortened down some of the critical wiring, such as the R/W line seems much better now as the O.S.Controller is back in and working.
    Still some work to do to make it as 'Graham' would like for any of his mates ..

I do like the pic's Andy posts (Although not of me!! hehe)
    Paul if you fancy a chat during the week sometime video or voice let us know, good from Wednesday onwards :), Looking forward to you joining in our merriment.

Andy Barr likes this.
  7. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Sadly no way to stop the return and its good to see she wants to get on with course work even if it is just online initially. Its not like she is a million miles away and we chat through Whatsapp every day numerous times. She knows we are here at any time for her and I'm her go to person for problems or chats.

No problem re her name Graham, absolutely no need to apologise at all...To be honest I didn't notice and if I had I'd have smiled as its a bit of an odd name. Good thing I didn't use her second name, Khadija (its Arabic name), sort of a nod to my wife's religion but it was me that chose it, they just thought it was super sweet and agreed..

Don't worry I will be at the chat (neighbours / in laws allowing) normally its not as bad as its been but the in laws are all a buzz because the mum had her Covid vaccine and now she's hearing that its all fraud etc etc and add the dementia and its a hornets nest let alone my daft Sister in law Sharon who has stuffed herself over Xmas and is now going on like its everyone's fault. As for upstairs, I think the services of a hitman (or woman) are needed :)

But I'll get there I really enjoy them, its nice to see all the people and have a chat about stuff we all love and see what everyone is up to. It really improves my mood for days on end (not that I'm always miserable) it just boosts me for while.

Right, off to organise my daughter for her return, she has dads ability to be totally unorganised.. :)

8. by Graham
    Graham

Graham Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Ditto !!

Andy Barr likes this.
  9. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Ah, didn't realise you actually flew them, thought you were just an enthusiast.

During the Olympics we had the Typhoons up here (RAF Northolt) and boy did they make a racket when they took off, I can only imagine what a Vulcan sounds like....LOUD

One thing that my daughter loved as a nipper was seeing the planes at Heathrow, if she was having trouble sleeping then off went. Used to watch Concorde come in, such a lovely air craft. My old now passed mate Bob worked for BA and got shown around Concorde, the one picture I'd show him during the dementia that I knew would make him smile was him, head poked out of the cockpit with a beaming smile...

Left us some concorde memorabilia, pens, a glass model, playing cards etc, all concorde embossed..

10. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Brilliant memories of a great guy and fab friend, Paul.

Treasure them, mate, as I know you will.

Agreed, Concorde was retired before her time and she was beautiful - just a few alarming safety issues, I guess, made her uneconomic and maybe no longer viable on the "green" side of things(?), but what a looker...

[​IMG]

Graham likes this.
  11. by Graham
    Graham

Graham Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    HeHe
    I knew so much about Concord from a big project I did at school, I always promised myself a flight on her, and unfortunatly it never happened.
    In regard saftey concern's, it was unlucky more than anything else that debris that should have been cleared from the runway in France wasn't, this debris was thrown up by one of the wheels on take off to puncture the wing, which on nearly all aircraft is used as a fuel tank(s), (and to trim the airframe in flight by moving fuel around between tanks)

Did you know that all the remaining aircraft (may have been only the B.A. fleet) had been retro fitted with self sealing bladders within each tank, however !!
    A French company basically owned all the rights to both the planes and the ongoing maintenance, it was their stating they would not continue that screwed up British Airways, whom had paid for all the upgrades, they never flew again with passengers. Think the company was Aero Spacial or something like that ..
    The French as always trying to get there own back... The War, Concord, Brexit Fishing Rights... Doh.
    Saying that for a little Nation we've been right little Bar Stewards in our Past.. So I guess Turn around is Turn around ...

Andy Barr likes this.
  12. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Yes, sadly Great Britain managed many a land grab and the odd massacre in the name of 'The Empire'...

It was sad to see that Concorde over France in flames, you sort of knew that was the end of the line just by the immense level of fire, as you say it would not have happen if the runway was cleared, a pure freak accident which lead to so many dead..

And now new planes get built and within a month there's issues with them and then need to taken out of commission. Still doing that build with the cheapest crap and sell for the biggest profit. Reminds me of the Apollo craft, Gus Grissom hung a lemon on the simulator because he was very dissatisfied with the safety of the build, I seem to remember talk of it being built from very low quality parts purely because they bid the lowest amount. Poor Gus paid with his life from the unexplained fire, clearly he was right..

13. by Graham
    Graham

Graham Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    All
    Would there be any interest in another video call ? Andy mentioned it several posts back. Happy to arrange, as it turns out to be pretty simple to do so..
    Can do Sunday anytime, towards evening to make it easier for Matt & Tim ??

Let me know

Andy Barr likes this.
  14. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I'm up for it, daughter went back last night, just supplied in laws with food so should be a safe day...

15. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    I must get caught up with housework and chores this weekend, fellas.

I'm also porting my mobile number over - had enough with O2 (been with them over 17 years) and going with Giff Gaff so do excuse me if my mobile comms go awry - it's meant to settle down again by Tuesday 19th Jan.

I'll see how it goes for Sunday but I've a stack of ironing to bury (in the garden) and some washing up to chainsaw...

I thought we were going to try an evening meet up perhaps one night next week?

Keep me posted - they are a hoot and you learn a fair bit too(!)

[​IMG]
    Baz has some washing up to do...

Graham likes this.
  16. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    As Baz is under the thumb ( :) ) I'll just say that I'm game when we all are..

17. by nysavant
    nysavant

nysavant Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I'm up for anytime although evening is more suitable if possible.

18. by Graham
    Graham

Graham Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Well that's nice that peep's want to continue, I don't really mind when, During the weekdays, I'd guess that it would make it more difficult for or friends over in the states to get on, unless we are late-late ....
    I'm happy with what ever is best for the majority, I'd be free from 18:00 onwards a bit early for most but that's 11pm and beyond in the states?
    Again if peeps let me know what we want I'll go with the majority, be nice if Paul can join in as I've missed him so far !!
    And Allen needs a webcam ... although briefly seen on his Phone ..

Andy How is Bev getting on (Apart from being on your 'case' ;)
    P.S. I'm really surprised that Giff Gaff will let you on with an old donkey of a phone Andy :p :jawdrop: :ROFL: :ROFL:

HEHE And I've just replaced my old broken Samsung S7 with an upto date Samsung S7 ... just's it brand new out of a sealed box .. didn't want the S21 I was offered for an additional £800 :facepalm::facepalm:

Andy Barr likes this.
  19. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    They;re very obliging, Graham, old Giff Gaff.

A friend put me on to them... hmm, about 6-7 years ago and I've just taken him up on his advice.
    For just £6 (monthly) ALL IN - all my texts and calls - that's all I need - they sent me a SIM and the destructions on how to sign up, get my PAC from O2 and then the rest is history. I had always steered away from some long drawn out "divorce" from O2 where they would try and offer me this that and the other to stay - but with this they had no choice - it was a done deal. I was fed up of them always trying to flog me crap I didn't need and of course the once £9.99 deal a month had crept up to £12 then £14 and should I send anyone any pics during my month's billing you betcha they'd suddenly hike it up to £18-20-22 sometimes. Bar stewards were taking the piss.

Giff Gaff didn't even pry into my "marriage" with my original phone from 2003-04... this solid gold Nokia "brick". If they had known, I think they would have run away screaming from the negotiations:

upload_2021-1-15_23-7-39.png

Bev, thanks for asking, is healing fine within her leg and the fractured bones... what they are a little concerned about is her wound in that there is a small part which is not closing up. Last week they gave her antibiotics as there was some blood around it and this week.... hmm, that should have healed by now. So, we now have a lighter pot which we can remove when she is laid in bed resting and we hope that more air circulating about the bandages will help this healing as at the moment, part of the cast is rubbing against the bit that is having trouble healing... we think that is the issue.

Other than that, I don't mind admitting that I'm run ragged at home, gents. I have never been much of a "man about the house" and now I'm learning the hard way. Bev usually does 90% of things around the place so suddenly the roles are dramatically reversed and I've gone from 10% to me now doing 95% (she still helps make the bed...whilst laid there!!). I;ve got the cleaning, tidying, vaccing, clothes washing/drying/putting away (I don't IRON!), washing up, bins and rubbish/recycling to sort/put out, cat to sort/litter tray to puke in/empty, bit of gardening/tidying/cutting back, shopping to go and collect - then putting it all away - takes me forever (not to mention use by dates to check), cooking, preparing, fetching, carrying and of course caring... making sure she gets all her drinks, meds, calcium and protein rich food for those bones and so on...oh, and I'm supposed to be working full time from home. fellas, I am shattered.

Anyhow, onwards and upwards.

Hope to catch you all soon for a natter.

Have a damn good weekend and get some good rest - I know I'll sleep for ruddy England...(!)

Hope Paul and the lads can join the next link up and we get a time, say anytime 8pm-10pm that suits the majority of the gang (though this might in itself squeeze others out who are heading to bed with their other halves and making their cocoas!!). We can't please em all, Graham!

20. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    I'm a bit like Baz at the mo with an ailing wife, she's still feeling rotten from having had COVID, she has no real symptoms but just is always tired and sore. If it carries on I'll probably suggest a retest. Cindy still cooks but it's now only for us two and I am not a big eater. Anyway, hope the leg bit with Bev gets sorted asap, open wounds at this point in time are very risky.

Lets get it set up for a decent number of folks, week days are not an issue here...

Now my barking sister in law wants a pet for company, sadly Sharon has not a good pet history, she had 3 bunnies who all died from neglect. Sharon just could not be bothered to get up and clean them out, had we been in the house we would have done it but it was just her and mum. The last bunny had to be taken to the vet after a frantic call to us, the vet saw us and called me in to show me that there was a gaping open wound in the tummy of the animal with maggots crawling around. I nearly threw up, poor thing had to be put down, I was so annoyed with Sharon as we are very animal loving people.

So we are putting her off get a pet, especially one that needs constant looking after. She was going on and on about a border collie but she won't leave the house so who would be walking the dog??

We also worry that on a bad day when she's in angry mode that the animal would be hurt.

Nothing but bloody trouble that woman...

Andy Barr likes this.
  21. by Graham
    Graham

Graham Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Anyone up for a video call 8pm Thursday evening ??

22. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Captain

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, Thursdays aren't good for me, guys - should have seen this coming - big shop night so I'm backwards and forwards, fetching it, cooking it and putting it all away. I'd be free around 10-11pm on a Thurs, guys.

23. by Vulcanman
    Vulcanman

Vulcanman Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Just let me know when the video call is going to take place, and I'll join in.

Regards

Andy

Andy Barr likes this.
  24. by Graham
    Graham

Graham Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Happy to make it 10:30PM Allows Andy to Join in?
    Matt ,Al, Paul how about you Guys ?

Andy Barr likes this.
  25. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Bit late for me, my meds kick in around then and this remedy of covid leaves me knackered at night..

I'll try but can't promise

Andy Barr likes this.