1. Not old. Vintage. :)

C64 Kung-Fu Flash cartridge

Discussion in 'SIG: 8-Bit Hardware' started by Vyper68, Jan 19, 2021.

1. by AlexDrito
    AlexDrito

AlexDrito Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Yes, you can, but JiffyDOS is not completely compatible with games and demos. It occupies the tape buffer on the C64 side and it often prevents some games to run, and of course makes a tape recorder useless.

Andy Barr and Vyper68 like this.
  2. by AlexDrito
    AlexDrito

AlexDrito Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Andy Barr likes this.
  3. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Oh yes, I'd forgot it removes the tape, on the Ult I use Cyberpunx Retro replay and it loads super fast and I've had no issues with alternative fastloaders so far..

AlexDrito likes this.
  4. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    @Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine I have some Pi1541 HAT PCB’s left ( two ) if you want one making let me know. Special treat for you hitting 60 :)

5. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    That is true if you are using JiffyDOS on the 64 but not in an external device like a real 1541 or in a Pi1541 but if you’re using a Pi1541 by definition you are using disks, so you don’t miss it. I have a switched OS so I can switch between the two if I want to use my Tapuino or C2N.

6. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Thanks Richie, I'll keep that in mind....60 hits late June...Cheap Oyster card for a man who goes nowhere on trains :)

(Blooming stairs in stations kill me, add the fact that almost no bugger seem to wear a mask on the trains (so my daughter says))