I don't know if it's a matter of time, or a matter of how much you sell and gain a reputation.
Funny, I never heard it called Feebay before, though it fits. I always refer to it a ePay. The get worse all the time with every damned fee they can think up and raise them again and again. The other thing I hate about Feebay is that they are constantly changing the way things work to list items for sale. I have to relearn how to do it every time I sell something it seems like. Not to mention a 101 other issues I run into with them anymore as a seller.
The holding funds thing is something new in recent years too, and it sucks for both the buyer and newer sellers, as many times the seller needs the shipping monies, included in the Paypal payment before they can ship the item. I've run into this issue a few times buying for newer member-sellers who don't realize the money is withheld for weeks, and me not knowing it would be held by Paypal, after I just paid extra for 2-3 day shipping, but it isn't shipped for weeks! So it becomes a total waste paying for quick shipping when you don't get it for weeks anyway!
I could go on and on about negatives and rarely a positive about EPAY. That's why I rarely sell or buy there anymore, and then on top of it the sellers have all turned into greed monsters with ridiculous pricing like we see of late with vintage computers and software. And they ruin it for the entire market, because if you go to Goodwill, pawn shops, flea markets and swap meets everyone now checks EPAY for what it's "worth" and so you can't find stuff cheap anywhere anymore, even at places like Goodwill and Salvation army thrift stores, which were supposed to be for the poor, but now the poor can't afford to shop at these second hand stores anymore either! Everyone has become greedy from EPAY, included the so-called charity shops. It really is disgusting too, because those places get everything they sell for free from people donating, thinking they are helping the poor, but then these so-called "charities" turn around and sell the stuff for a premium! EPAY/Feebay has ruined the entire world's second-hand market!
-
Not old. Vintage. :)