1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Retro Lemon - prices now on line.

Discussion in 'SIG: General Chat' started by Vulcanman, Jan 23, 2021.

1. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I sent you a message about that mate.

nysavant likes this.
  2. by Retro Lemon
    Retro Lemon

Retro Lemon Galley Slave

Blog Posts:
    Hi guys,
    I can see the news are spreading. Actually there is a change from yesterday as the parcels have moved according to tracking, so we are close to happy end of the wait :)

Vyper68 and nysavant like this.
  3. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Great news Jakub :)

4. by Retro Lemon
    Retro Lemon

Retro Lemon Galley Slave

Blog Posts:
    HI guys,
    We are open! The first parcel arrived today. Two more are expected within this week. Hopefully, we can get more stock soon!

Visit us at www.retrolemon.co.uk

Andy Barr and nysavant like this.
  5. by Retro Lemon
    Retro Lemon

Retro Lemon Galley Slave

Blog Posts:
    nysavant likes this.
  6. nysavant

nysavant Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Hi Jakub

Great to know, do you actually have them in stock along with the SIO cable?

7. by Retro Lemon
    Retro Lemon

Retro Lemon Galley Slave

Blog Posts:
    Yes, sorry. Initially I haven't added the stock to the website and it was showing as "in stock soon". 1 was sold already! SIO cables are also in and ready to dispatch.

nysavant likes this.
  8. M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Yes. I'm glad that The Brewing Academy is carrying Lotharek 8-bit upgrades now, IIRC, the list price is slightly higher than Lotharek, but there is big savings in shipping which I think will more than make up for it, and much quicker delivery since it is domestic for me. I've not had an issue with shipping in the U.S. myself, it seems about as fast and reliable as always, but incoming and outgoing international shipping has slowed to a crawl. I finally got my sram Indus GT upgrades, which were sent out December 14th, just arrived. So well over two months. Before the Covid outbreak I could count on packages coming from any place in Europe or the UK to arrive inside a month at least.

About a year ago or so, when I was conversing with Bruce from MyAtari (B&C) via email, he said he was going to retire and was in the middle of a deal with TBA to buy out all his remaining stock. I hope this happens as well, since he gave up on the B&C web store and you can only see the products he has for sail in his MyAtari eBay store, which is a small fraction of full inventory. I guess you have to contact Bruce via email to make an order and transaction for anything not on eBay, I don't know. I don't know if the deal fell through or it was delayed or what, but Bruce is still selling on ebay at the moment.

I really wish Brad at Best Electronics would sell out to TBA or another too, and stop holding Atari products for ransom with specific instructions that must be followed in and order and the ridiculous 3-4 product limit, which costs customers more time and money with having to make separate small orders and pay more shipping for all the separate packages if you want a dozen items. you probably have to wait until one order is shipped before he'll accept a second one too. Such a Dusch-Bag.:banghead: I, of course, chose to boycott him after receiving the first Dusch-Bag reply from him when I tried to order 8-9 things at once 3 or which were out of stock, which left 5-6 items, but he would only let me choose 3 out of those. And he wanted a new order made up properly by me, with catalog numbers and prices, etc. In other words, be his secretary for my own order! :facepalm:

At least there are some other good dealers out there still, but they just don't have the vintage stock varieties and quantities that MyAtari and Best E. have from when they bought out Atari warehouses and other dealers at the end of the era.

Graham, Vyper68 and nysavant like this.
  9. Graham

Graham Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Here Here re best.. gave up on him in the end

10. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I wanted to get a catalogue from Brad but the insane price of postage and how I'm going to be taken to the cleaners this end just meant I never have. Last thing I asked him about was the little rubber half ball mounting fittings for 1050s, he replied and said he had them and it was a couple of bucks for a set but then he hit me with the minimum buy thing, I didn't want anything else so again it never happened..

Andy Barr, M.D.Baker and Vyper68 like this.
  11. Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I bought a Blitter chip for my 520STFM from best a couple of years ago and got hammered for import charges on top of the very expensive shipping. That were why I was wanting to club in with @Graham for the next time for a new Keyboard but it sounds like that has fallen through. I did email him a couple of weeks ago but he never answered back. These days it’s difficult as you don’t know if California is locked down or non-essential businesses and if he is Okay health wise.
    I did get an Atari Basic manual from MyAtari’s Bruce via feeBay, that turned up last week. Was expecting it to be a little bigger but it’s a lot more detailed than the one you got with a 65XE.
    I hope they do manage to do a deal to sell the inventory and keep it in the Atari community of sellers.

Andy Barr and M.D.Baker like this.
  12. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    Don't get your hopes up, he's been approached re selling his gear but he's a stubborn git. I read on AA that one guy turned up at the warehouse because he wanted to see the place and buy stuff but apart from the place being a mess with boxes all over the place Bradley just told him to go away..

When I spoke to Brad in person at one of the trade shows he was as nice as could be, brought some badges and then presumed I could take one of the catalogues he had piled up..Uh oh, no can do, he wanted hard cash which was odd as at trade shows catalogues are usually free or given to you when you get to the stand. He had his oddities even then :)

Was a spitting image of Pat Morita / Mr Miagi (Karate Kid), just he was, they could have been brothers.

When I last spoke to him, about a month back he was very pleasant, replied to the email way quicker than I expected and had it not been for the minimum order thing I'd have purchased, no funny business re how many I could buy.

Andy Barr likes this.
  13. M.D.Baker

M.D.Baker Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    And that minimum purchase deal of his, coupled with not allowing more than 3-4 items in an order, most times puts people between a rock and a hard place anyway in trying to come up with the minimum sale vs. limited order. The guy is as looney as Daffy Duck!:loopy:

Andy Barr likes this.
  14. by Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine
    Paul "Mclaneinc" Irvine

Blog Posts:
    It's certainly not a stunning business model :)

He's no spring chicken either so he really should sell up, retire and let someone else take the strain...I'm pretty sure in the right hands there's a little goldmine of sales to be had.

Andy Barr and M.D.Baker like this.