1. Not old. Vintage. :)

Voltages wondering about the Oric-1 - Just to be sure before I toast it!

Discussion in 'SIG: 8-Bit Hardware' started by Klyde, Apr 28, 2021.

1. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    I hear from Richie, Klyde, that a certain Oric-1 object has already arrived at chez Richie!

I do hope sincerely that your parcel still arrives safely, mom ami, as no-one likes to hear of retro goodies parcels going missing or being damaged in the post... they're way way too precious.

Bonne chance.

AlexDrito, Klyde and Vyper68 like this.
  2. by Vyper68
    Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    If your ULA has gone AWOL then I will send you one FOC ASAP hopefully then I won’t use so many abbreviations LOL ROFL LMAO :)

Klyde and Andy Barr like this.
  3. by Klyde
    Klyde

Klyde Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    I have received your PCBs yesterday Richie, they are really neat, and will be very handy! thank you mate!

I also have received the RAM chips, so I can test them.

But Andy what you feared arrived, the ULA was lost by the courier... IFAIK (abbreviation, LOL!) it was delivered to someone else, I don't know where... I have to investigate and ask for a refund.

Richie, before sending me one, let me replace the RAM chips to see where it drives me.

Andy Barr likes this.
  4. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Aw, Manu, I'm so sorry to hear.
    Let's hope the RAM chips may be the solution and if not - well, a new ULA can only help / be useful in the future etc,

Klyde likes this.
  5. by Klyde
    Klyde

Klyde Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Not a big deal Andy, but yes it is a shame they delivered somewhere else, maybe the seller did a mistake with my address? I'll try to find that out...

AlexDrito and Andy Barr like this.
  6. by AlexDrito
    AlexDrito

AlexDrito Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    So, how the story of this unfortunate Oric goes on? I'm curious to see if it can go back to work, although I'm pretty sure that Klyde will succeed in the end! :)

Andy Barr and Vyper68 like this.
  7. by AlexDrito
    AlexDrito

AlexDrito Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, BTW I've been away for a while, and you didn't hear that much from me. After 2 months in Rome to help my parents after the incident, I had lots of issues with work, culminating in a minor crash last week at the datacentre that I manage on my own. Hardware failures so it took a lot of work and time to restore everything in a working condition. I'm still on it, TBH. Ok, enough of me, let's go back to retrocomputing.

8. by Andy Barr
    Andy Barr

Andy Barr Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    Hey, Dazza.

Sincerely, we all hope you are OK - another sad story of folks battling to help others and then coming a cropper themselves.

Treasure all we have that means so much to us, eg family, loved ones, loyal friends and of course... our faithful retro treasures.

Do take extra care and keep the faith, my friend.

How's Klyde/Manu getting on? Any progress on this Oric-1 and how is Rich - ready for a catch up when you are, buddy, as we are currently working from home self-isolating so have a bit more time for a natter when you're free, mate.

nysavant and AlexDrito like this.
  9. by Klyde
    Klyde

Klyde Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    I didn't have a lot of time to look after the Oric these days, too much work! But it is cooling down in July (not the weather), so I'll let you know when I have something new!

Andy Barr, Vyper68 and AlexDrito like this.
  10. Vyper68

Vyper68 Chief Officer

Blog Posts:
    If you’re too busy at the moment @Klyde I have plenty of spare time these days and I have all the spares.

AlexDrito and Andy Barr like this.
  11. AlexDrito

AlexDrito Deckhand

Blog Posts:
    I must have lost much of the Oric stories here on AOC, especially Andy's. For example, what's the state of the art about Orics running at the Bazza towers? Any new entry? Telestrat or Oric modern/old disk drives? Where the famous lot of 8 French Orics went to? All fixed and sold? Any other Oric adventures with pretty stories in them to tell? I've got one about a lost and then found SwinSID for a broken C64. I may start a new thread called hardware stories. :)